epl

true blue

BeIn certainly has been partnered with True eg for transmission of The Champions League for 2015/16.

We await confirmation from True about 2016/17 Premier League transmission. Unlikely anyone else can carry it but presumably there is haggling over price between the two.

Then we will find out price to the consumer I'm sure True will not be putting it into their Gold package (where The Premier League used to show 4 seasons ago). True were charging approx 1,500 baht a month for their Gold package 4 seasons ago and the price dropped only marginally when they lost The Premier League to CTH and added in The Champions League.

I am guessing that the BeIn channels will be switched into the Platinum package (current cost 2,000 baht a month) or even to some special new package at even greater cost. It always costs more after one of these triennial auctions.

I guess loads of Thai dwellers will be switching to the IPTV options which will also presumably cost more if they are officially authorised providers.

Still a space to be watched!

Any forward-looking thinking company would try to do a deal early and promote aggressively to get new customers subscribing now. Probably reach a decision on the eve of the new season if at all. As Santisuk mentioned IPTV is now increasing in popularity with Thai. viewers which could mean bypassing the usual satellite providers altogether.

Edited by Linesy