Anxious to check B-Visa paperwork

Hi All

no one replied in the Teaching forum. Years ago, a school would use fancy seals. They also put a stamp on each and every page.

But my present employer won't bother, referring to a tiny symbol on the letterhead as evidence that they are part of the government.

If there will be something missing, who pays? That would be me!

Police check: just got a receipt. Not the clearance itself! (They took fingerprints with ink and to process them will likely take weeks)

Q: Will missing seals and stamps or the Police clearance confirmation be deal breakers?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences!

Vientiane"s requirements state this "Letter on school letterhead stating that the applicant has been hired for teaching". No mention of seals. Source: http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/upload/pdf/Visa/Non-B%20teacher.pdf

You will have to have the police clearance certificate to apply for the visa a receipt for it will not be enough.

• Like 1

As UJ stated, you will need to have the police clearance certificate to apply. The process takes two weeks from the day you drop off the application. The receipt

they gave you at the PCS station will have the date stamped you can pick up the certificate. Receipt will get you nowhere, don't waste your time going there

without it.

Edited by jimcarr65

1. If it's a government school then they usually just stamp the signed documents (if one document has several pages then they only stamp those that the director has signed) with the official stamp of the school or if it's a copy of a document then all pages should be signed and have a stamp stating that it's a copy.

2. The tiny symbol that you refer to is probably a garuda. It's the state seal of Thailand and is virtually used on every official document. Ministries has their official seal that they sometimes use on letters and publications instead of the garuda.

Two examples are my document from OVEC to immigration that has the garuda on the letter head and then it has the official OVEC stam on top of the signature and my contract that has the OVEC seal on top of the first page as I'm employed by OVEC and not the Thai government (each copy to immigration are stamped with copy and signed by the director).

3. The police clearance certificate takes up to 30 days. They will send the PCC to your school BUT only if you asked for it when applying! In the past that was an extra service but now it's free.

In Vientiane they will ask for the PCC. In Savannakhet it might be OK without it, last year when I applied for my non-B visa there my PCC was a "little" to old (3 years) but in true Thai maners they just said "Mai pen rai".

4. Remember that you need a copy of the ID of the director and who ever signed your letter to the embassy, for example if a vice director signed the letter then you will need a copy of his ID too.

• Like 1