Top Gear returns to BBC Two with new hosts

webfact

Top Gear returns to BBC Two with new hosts

LONDON: -- Motoring show Top Gear has returned to BBC Two with its new line-up of hosts.

The relaunch featured Chris Evans and Matt LeBlanc driving Reliant three-wheelers from London to Blackpool and actor Jesse Eisenberg and chef Gordon Ramsay tackling the Top Gear track.

The new hosts were signed up after the old team left after an infamous fracas between lead presenter Jeremy Clarkson and a producer.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-36409943

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2016-05-30

It wasn't a fracas. Clarkson assaulted the producer physically. The moronic repetitive idiot deserved to be sacked and should have been prosecuted for assault. No doubt the "luvvies" at the Beeb pressured the victim not to press charges.

It wasn't a fracas. Clarkson assaulted the producer physically. The moronic repetitive idiot deserved to be sacked and should have been prosecuted for assault. No doubt the "luvvies" at the Beeb pressured the victim not to press charges.

The assistant producer failed to organise a proper meal for our heroes. He's lucky to be alive.

I wonder if there is a corrolation between pro Clarkson and pro EU? (Bet there is)

I watched it and it was embarrassing. They have tried to recreate Clarkson using Evans and it doesn't work at all. The whole thing was forced and a poor copy of the original. The programme should have taken the opportunity to re-invent Top Gear as a new concept instead it chose to just copy what had gone before. There was no chemistry between Chris and Matt and every line was over rehearsed and parrot like.

Back to the drawing board!

The assistant producer failed to organise a proper meal for our heroes. He's lucky to be alive.

I wonder if there is a corrolation between pro Clarkson and pro EU? (Bet there is)

There sure is. Clarkson has often made clear his preference that the UK stay in the EU to help create a United States of Europe "as a liberal, kind, balanced fulcrum in a mad world."

i watched it and as posted a poor copy of the original, sad american humor from the american half of the team, it should have been a complete rewrite, not just a facelift, ginga is ok on radio, but on tv not so good

Why we have a yank on the UK top Gear is beyond me! It just does not and will not work, just the same as a Brit on the yank one wouldn't work.

Why we have a yank on the UK top Gear is beyond me! It just does not and will not work, just the same as a Brit on the yank one wouldn't work.

The USA one doesn't work, full stop. The UK version worked , like it or not, because of Clarkson.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

The USA one doesn't work, full stop. The UK version worked , like it or not, because of Clarkson.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

Agreed

Edited by Caps

Watched it all the way through. Never been a great fan of the Evans chap, found his constant instructions to the audience to do something more than somewhat wearing.

Awaiting The Grand Tour with baited breath :)

Just watched it, Le Blanc...how painful, constant moaning, use of yank terminology, it's UK Top Gear so at least use English, or get another presenter. The voice of Evans goes through you. It will never be the same

Watched it last night and I have to agree with all of the negative comments on here.

Although the old Top Gear was staged they (Clarkson, May & Hamster) did manage to make most of the show appear spontaneous.

What I saw last night was a staged show that looked as staged as an American sit-com.

I will watch the next few episodes of new Top Gear to see how it settles down but if the shows are anywhere near as bad as the first episode then I won't bother to follow it further.

The real shame about the whole debacle is that most of the do gooders who wanted Clarkson sacked were neither petrol heads nor genuine Top Gear fans.

downloaded and watched it next morning , to be honest ,it was a pale imitation of the original , the three of them clicked . Evans and Joey didn't and after a few minutes Evanses shouting got on my nerves , funilly enough the wife who loves top gear thought it was ok ,my take on it ,is why bother when i can watch the "real thing" in a few weeks .

Producer girl?blink.png

How old Clarkson? How he can "assaulted the producer physically."?blink.png I hear producer not have even 40..

Baerboxer are you girl?rolleyes.gif

PS

Top Ger with out Clarkson look as pathetic freak. IMHO

I have read many comments about the new episode on several Kodi related FB groups, and i don't recall to have seen a single positive one.

It's getting a pasting in the press too, and not just in English.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=top+gear+flop&oq=top+gear+flop&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.13697j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=top+gear+flop&tbm=nws