Phuket officials vow action to clean up west-coast dump sites

webfact

Phuket officials vow action to clean up west-coast dump sites
Nattapong Hongtong

1464659377_1-org.jpg
The piles of trash dumped on land beside Soi Bang Tao 2 have been growing.

PHUKET: -- Complaints by local residents have spurred officers at the Cherng Talay Tambon Administration Organisation (OrBorTor) to take action to clear up piles of garbage dumped by the side of the road in the west-coast neighbourhood.

The piles of rubbish dumped along Soi Bang Tao 2, which leads to Bang Tao Beach, have only grown larger in recent months, one local resident told The Phuket News.

“This covers an of about 50 yards (about 45 metres) towards the beach, but there is much much more. There’s even a lamppost that has been taken down and simply left there,” he said.

Nuttapol Tugdee of the Cherng Talay OrBorTor told The Phuket News yesterday (May 30) that the OrBorTor was aware of the growing problem.

“The land is question is privately owned, and the owner has the right to allow concrete rubble to be dumped on the land, but these piles of rubbish also include regular household waste and plastic bags,” he said.

“Hence, we will issue a formal warning instructing the landowner to remove the trash,” he added.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-officials-vow-action-to-clean-up-west-coast-dump-sites-57649.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-05-31

This is what happens all over Thailand , good luck cleaning it up.

"Complaints by local residents" and who is dumping the garbage? Oh yes, only foreigners of course.

Huh, where did you read anything about foreigners/Thai?

Fly-tipping, as it is called in farang land, is a world wide problem, either casual "don't care" or criminal "avoid landfill charges". It is a particular problem here because the "don't care" attitude is common-place. What is needed is a massive public awareness campaign and strict enforcement. Ah ! silly me, I forgot, this is Thailand.

Fly-tipping, as it is called in farang land, is a world wide problem, either casual "don't care" or criminal "avoid landfill charges". It is a particular problem here because the "don't care" attitude is common-place. What is needed is a massive public awareness campaign and strict enforcement. Ah ! silly me, I forgot, this is Thailand.