Windows 10 Start Menu

Gracas

My Laptop, well really Windows 10 took it upon itself to Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have heard from others that the same has happened to them, it just goes ahead and upgrades by itself. This was about one week ago.

Initially there were only a few problems such as Printer Drivers, Print Spooler and minor things which I was able to find out how to fix.

I was starting learn a little about it, even liked some of the features.

Yesterday the Start Menu stopped working. Did an internet search and found that others have had the same problem.

However looking for a fix I could not find any procedure that made any sense, well at least no sense to me. My computer level skills are basic, I know the programs that I need to use and the things I can do, but when it comes to Windows etc. skills are very basic.

Has anyone else had this problem ?

Or does anyone know how to fix this problem ?

Thank you for any advice or suggestions you maybe able to offer.

I had the same problem with start menu and taskbar on my new desktop with newly purchased legitimate Windows 10 (after a whole lot of grief with Windows 10 upgrades on my previous Windows 7 friendly computer)

Tried many things suggested on the Internet but the one that worked for me was at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_desktop/fix-windows-10-taskbar-not-working-fix-build-10074/6b13e8b6-b30b-4e80-aa7c-a4a3939195ea?page=2&auth=1

You'll have to scroll down the page a ways. The one that worked for me was the one advising how to get rid of the TileDataLayer folder.