True Blocking Rapidshare

MaiPenLai

Can someone please tell me how to work around True ISP blocking Rapidshare. It has worked great until today and now I get the following page when I try to access Rapidshare:

Access Denied (policy_denied)

Your system was configured to deny access to this URL.Because this url was and improper/obscene website or your package is localnet

For assistance, contact your network support team.

I know True is a terrible choice for a provider, however I am stuck using them for now>

Also I am not using Rapidshare for anything obscene. Just trying to get some content uploaded by my family back home.

Thanks in advance for any work-around.

Maipenlai :o

Can someone please tell me how to work around True ISP blocking Rapidshare. It has worked great until today and now I get the following page when I try to access Rapidshare:

Access Denied (policy_denied)

Your system was configured to deny access to this URL.Because this url was and improper/obscene website or your package is localnet

For assistance, contact your network support team.

I know True is a terrible choice for a provider, however I am stuck using them for now>

Also I am not using Rapidshare for anything obscene. Just trying to get some content uploaded by my family back home.

Thanks in advance for any work-around.

Maipenlai :D

Which RapidShare link are you using, rapidshare.de or rapidshare.com?

Are you using the "Premium" or the "free" service?

If a "Premium" member, do you use the RAPIDGET upload/download utility? (If not, give it a try. May work.)

RapidShare AG is a legitimate, ethical and responsible online webhosting service. In fact, I believe they are the world's largest. They have a very clear policy regarding any illegal or offensive content and will immediately block access to said content when a complaint is received.

I would forward TRUE's comments to RapidShare management, and let them "jump" all over TRUE. (You might even inform the German Embassy in BKK, then standback and watch the fireworks. :o )

Meanwhile, here are a number of other FREE online webhosting/storage facilities you can checkout:

http://depositfiles.com

http://www.filefactory.com

http://www.icefile.net

http://www.zshare.net

http://binfile.org

waldwolf

PS - Just noticed storage facilities at rapidshare.de are full, but storage at rapidshare.com is available.

/edit = PS

Edited by waldwolf

In the same boat as MaiPenLai.

Can access my RS.com Premium Zone, but cannot upload. Can still D/L via RS.com PZ & RS.de PZ, but when I try to D/L as free user, I get Access Denied message, and I wonder how much longer I'll be able to D/L via RS.com/de PZ's.

YSI & zshare still allow me to U/L. Haven't tried the other hosts as I depend upon RS.com U/L's to get points to extend my RS.com Premium A/C.

I've tried uploading to RS.de via RapidGet, and even when their drives are not full, the U/L fails - there's a D/L complete message, and then instead of the writing links message, you get the U/L failed message.

RapidShare AG is a legitimate, ethical and responsible online webhosting service. In fact, I believe they are the world's largest. They have a very clear policy regarding any illegal or offensive content and will immediately block access to said content when a complaint is received.

I would forward TRUE's comments to RapidShare management, and let them "jump" all over TRUE. (You might even inform the German Embassy in BKK, then standback and watch the fireworks.

I don't think I'd call them ethical. Their drives are full of illegal stuff which they turn a blind eye to, although they do promptly delete it when a complaint is received. I doubt they would like to draw attention to themselves.

I've heard that RS.com are registered in Switzerland to avoid a stringent file-sharing law to be introduced in Germany in the new year.

Would a proxy help to get round this U/L ban? I've never needed to use one so far, and don't know much about them, but I'm willing to learn if it becomes necessary.

Would appreciate whatever guidance anyone can provide.

Cheers.

Would a proxy help to get round this U/L ban? I've never needed to use one so far, and don't know much about them, but I'm willing to learn if it becomes necessary.

Just a caution, but discussing anonymous proxys is against forum rules. Thanks for understanding.

Just a caution, but discussing anonymous proxys is against forum rules. Thanks for understanding.

anon proxys dont work half the time anywayz, as most ISPs manipulate the DNS request and/or sniff all port 53 DNS requests and redirect them.. :o

• 2 years later...