Case against TV presenter Sorayuth drags on as fresh charges are laid

webfact

Case against TV presenter Sorayuth drags on as fresh charges are laid

s3.jpg
Image: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- The case against TV host Sorayuth Suthatnajinda is set to drag on. Fresh charges in relation to the multi million baht advertising swindle have been accepted by the court.

Sorayuth - one of the most recognizable and erstwhile popular figures on Thai television with a booming voice and larger than life personality - has already been convicted along with others in the case reported Thairath.

He has been handed down a 13 year 4 month sentence (reduced from 20 years after he helped prosecutors) for his part in falsifying documents and misrepresenting advertising revenues. Others associated with him and their companies have similarly been convicted.

Fresh charges relating to the swindle that prosecutors say are different from those already settled were laid at the central criminal court in Ratchada Pisek road yesterday. MCOT were tricked out of some 138 million baht in matters relating to the original charges.

Bail was approved at 300,000 baht per person. They are free until the court reconvenes in August.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-03

Ex-anchorman Sorayuth indicted with forgery charges

176_Sorayuth-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Former wellknown news anchorman Sorayuth Suthasanachinda was today (Thursday) indicted with the charges of forging documents, using and destroying the forged documents to cover up advertising air time fraud causing over 138 million in damage to Mass Communications Organisation of Thailand.

Also indicted with the same charges were Sorayuth’s Raisom Company, his staffer Ms Montha Thiradet and Mrs Pitchapa Iamsa-ard or Mrs Chanapa Boonto, a former employee of MCOT.

Mr Somnoek Siangkong, spokesman of the Office of the Attorney-General told the media today that the OAG received the indictment file from Huai Kwang police enquiry officers on May 24. However, Mr Sorayuth and his two associates petitioned the OAG challenging that the enquiry officers had no authority to do the case because it was a repeat of another case in which they were already convicted by the Criminal Court.

On February 29, the Criminal Court handed down 13 years and four months jailterms on Sorayuth and Ms Montha and 30 years imprisonment on Mrs Chanapa after they were found guilty of malfeasance in office. The trio have appealed against their conviction to the Appeals Court.

However, Mr Somnoek said a panel of public prosecutors ruled that there are enough evidences to indict the trio and Raisom company with forgery charges but the fraud charges were dropped against Ms Montha and Mrs Pitchapa for insufficient evidences.

The trio were granted bail of 300,000 baht each. The first hearing of the case was scheduled on August 29.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/165782

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-06-03

Anyone have a tally on how many legal cases or situations like the flying saucer temple are Dragging on in Thailand?

Yes, and how many are politically motivated? The golden whistle of Surat Thani is pleased as punch and the mad monk as happy as larry.

What gets me is that even convicted and sentenced to prison, these crooks are walking around as if nothing happened and free as a bird. This system only allows for them to have the opportunity to flee the country. I know, if I had been sentenced to 13 years in prison and was able to bond out, I would run.

Ha ha, funny how few responses there are at this thread. Due to lack of integration, most members probably have never watched Thai news stories. They are more interested in belittling the religion and government.

While some people happily point out everything is perfect here and defend the indefensible.

Didn't you forget something ? Where's the question why are we all here and wouldn't we be better leaving ?

Ha ha, funny how few responses there are at this thread. Due to lack of integration, most members probably have never watched Thai news stories. They are more interested in belittling the religion and government.

I don't know about the religion bit , but an unelected government in your country is in your words okay, is that correct.

You have to laugh at the paltry bail charges here in Thailand, especially when the case involves rich Thais. 300K bail would be petty cash for these guys, especially after they swindled 100's of million baht...TIT...coffee1.gif

So, is inoccent then, is he?

What gets me is that even convicted and sentenced to prison, these crooks are walking around as if nothing happened and free as a bird. This system only allows for them to have the opportunity to flee the country. I know, if I had been sentenced to 13 years in prison and was able to bond out, I would run.

And all those farang charged and/or convicted in Farang Utopia who "slip" through the hands of authorities in Farang Land and come to Thailand for the Thai police to arrest ... is that the end result of a better system?

Certainly most big time financial criminals in the US and Europe escape being charged at all and the few who do get thrown under the bus usually are out on bail for months or years awaiting a slap on the wrist from the courts.

Amazing how many TV posters see such things so clearly here and remain blind to similar or worse situations back in the countries from which they fled.

While some people happily point out everything is perfect here and defend the indefensible.

Didn't you forget something ? Where's the question why are we all here and wouldn't we be better leaving ?

It isn't a question of defending the indefensible. The issue is that most Thai bashing is done by those who seem to think the indefensible only happens in Thailand (thus the popular TIT comment) while apparently forgetting or being ignorant of what happens back home.

No one would say things are perfect here, but many seem to imply that things are perfect back in Farang Land.

Obviously many of those who wile away the hours whining and moaning on TV are unhappy about their own lives, regret their decision to move to Thailand and redirect their anger towards anyone other than themselves.

...wouldn't we be better leaving ?

I doubt anything would make them better, whatever that means, although it seems fairly reasonable to think that if being here is causing them such grief, the easiest remedy would be to move back to where they believe everything is done properly.

Certainly admitting the mistake was their own would involve a loss of face and many of the whiners are essentially economic refugees unable to shift locations or to afford life back home ... so the only option left to them is to randomly lash out, shifting the blame for their sordid circumstance on Thais and Thailand.

Amazing how many TV posters see such things so clearly here and remain blind to similar or worse situations back in the countries from which they fled.

I am not blind about what happens/ed in France which is my country;but we are here writing about Thailand

A link ( in french ) about the last political and financial scandals in France and USA

http://www.leparisien.fr/une/1988-2008-les-dix-plus-grands-scandales-financiers-21-06-2009-554955.php#xtref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.th

When we see the amount of these scandals ( billions euros or US dollars ), I think Thailand don't play in the same yard; they must grow , grow up cheesy.gif

except for one but it's forbidden to speak or write about it here . ( Air America and who you know )

It isn't a question of defending the indefensible. The issue is that most Thai bashing is done by those who seem to think the indefensible only happens in Thailand (thus the popular TIT comment) while apparently forgetting or being ignorant of what happens back home.

No one would say things are perfect here, but many seem to imply that things are perfect back in Farang Land.

Obviously many of those who wile away the hours whining and moaning on TV are unhappy about their own lives, regret their decision to move to Thailand and redirect their anger towards anyone other than themselves.

I doubt anything would make them better, whatever that means, although it seems fairly reasonable to think that if being here is causing them such grief, the easiest remedy would be to move back to where they believe everything is done properly.

Certainly admitting the mistake was their own would involve a loss of face and many of the whiners are essentially economic refugees unable to shift locations or to afford life back home ... so the only option left to them is to randomly lash out, shifting the blame for their sordid circumstance on Thais and Thailand.

Wow, are you angling for a job in the Dept . Of Dealing With Foreigners ?

You have already been issued with your rose tinted specs.

Are you Thai or have you / will you be applying for naturalisation ?

Edited by NongKhaiKid

And all those farang charged and/or convicted in Farang Utopia who "slip" through the hands of authorities in Farang Land and come to Thailand for the Thai police to arrest ... is that the end result of a better system?

Certainly most big time financial criminals in the US and Europe escape being charged at all and the few who do get thrown under the bus usually are out on bail for months or years awaiting a slap on the wrist from the courts.

yes, yes, we all know how bad it is in our own countries, where would we all be without you posting dribble like the above. Keep supping that early morning Chang, it will get better.

Few answers to OP maybe... but wait... answers to this blasphemous post of you won't be long, wink.png

When in farangland we whinge about whingeable things there. When we move to Thailand, obviously we're more interested in whingeing about things that happen here. This is Thai Visa Forum what do you expect people to do, insert the rider "But this also happens in other countries too" in every post? Give the Thai-bashing policeman thing a rest would you, you're becoming a bore.

Edited by jesimps

Are you implying that most of us are ignorant children? we all are probably older men who all have their own history to tell.

A history you know nothing about. So stop patronizing.

Here is a comment from a Thai member of a website that's popular for news here;

"He only deprived a business no one cares about of money, so still a loved celebrity , who did not get drunk and kill anyone while driving by the way"

I think there will be many people who will feel the same. It's very sad when we try to lessen or justify crimes because others' committed worse crimes. It's actually a tactic used by children. "He did it as well!"

I can't speak for others, but I live and work here and didn't "flee" anywhere. The posts on this forum are predominantly related to Thai issues therefore that's what I comment on.

I'm not blind to what goes on in my home country and others, and in other forums I post my views on those topics.

I also make no apologies or excuses for my home country, which in many different ways, is equally screwed up, but why bring that up when we're talking about a thread in Thailand, about Thailand?

What a fascinating condition -- human Greed! This guy and people like him have it all: money above and beyond most Thais wildest dreams, but he (they) needs more, and more, and more. I imagine he'll be serving his jail term in some country-club prison for Thai socialites, if he serves time at all.

Another "Add-Libber".

I doubt anyone on TV has ever said, "Thailand was perfect".

And the BS of defending the indefensible..

It's you damn -- "I'm a farang" My country is #1 - The western world does everything better!

And no matter what! It's never a tourist or a farangs fault..

You tourist, that live in Thailand. Like SC7 said, you most likely never watch Thai news or anything Thai..

Just change the channel to an English speaking one.. And you're content..

So, why not?

Just leave! If it's so horrible here..

Edited by D3030

Nah,...I'll stay,...Thailand is not perfect, far from it but I can adapt to most situations !!!

Regards.