Cs Loxinfo Is Freezing Business Expansion

george

CS Loxinfo seeks policy clarity

BANGKOK: -- CS LoxInfo, the internet-service arm of Shin Corp, says it is freezing business expansion indefinitely until clear regulations and fair conditions are established for the industry. The company is also moving to diversify into non-telecom businesses that would support its internet-related services, with a budget of between 100 million and 200 million baht, by the middle of next year.

''Given shrinking margins in the telecom industry due to intense competition, plus unclear regulatory frameworks, we have been forced to cease new investment in both existing and new telecom businesses, despite acknowledging that the world is moving into a media convergence era,'' said managing director Anant Kaewruamvongs. ...[more]

--Bangkok Post 2006-11-11

"Freezing Business Expansion"?

More like "Going out of business" Well deserved I might add.

Their IPstar was one of the worst cases of poor quality services.

-Billing was never right on mine. Had to go to BKK to sign up originally.

-Every month, incorrect bill. Paid all. Then they would tell us to fax the receipt!

-Speeds are tricky on satellite, but they are way, way off.

As others have posted, get it from TOT. It can not be worse.

I am waiting (2 weeks now) for them to remove mine as I await TOT.

TOT did show up for site survey. I have a felling this might take awhile. :o

And my fellow TV members with TOT IPstar, I get a tripod type mount for the antenna?

That's what the TOT techs are saying is standard install? Thank God I have somewhere to put it.

I'll post when back up with TOT.

"Freezing Business Expansion"?

More like "Going out of business" Well deserved I might add.

Their IPstar was one of the worst cases of poor quality services.

-Billing was never right on mine. Had to go to BKK to sign up originally.

-Every month, incorrect bill. Paid all. Then they would tell us to fax the receipt!

-Speeds are tricky on satellite, but they are way, way off.

As others have posted, get it from TOT. It can not be worse.

I am waiting (2 weeks now) for them to remove mine as I await TOT.

TOT did show up for site survey. I have a felling this might take awhile. :o

And my fellow TV members with TOT IPstar, I get a tripod type mount for the antenna?

That's what the TOT techs are saying is standard install? Thank God I have somewhere to put it.

I'll post when back up with TOT.

After TOT installed my new Ipstar, the Loxinfo dish just set in the yard. After a couple of weeks I emailed Loxinfo and told them that I was going to sell the dish and modem to recover some of the 9,000 baht I paid for the installation. They were there within three days to pick up their junk. :D Good riddance!

After TOT installed my new Ipstar, the Loxinfo dish just set in the yard. After a couple of weeks I emailed Loxinfo and told them that I was going to sell the dish and modem to recover some of the 9,000 baht I paid for the installation. They were there within three days to pick up their junk. :D Good riddance!

Great idea GaryA :D

It's terrible that we have to act this way to get anything done. :o

Having said that, I'll call them tomorrow and say something along those lines.

Then I'll post the total elasped time it takes for them to remove the equipment.

:D