Victims of boarding school fire compensated

rooster59

Victims of boarding school fire compensated

Suwit Rattiwan

CHIANG RAI, 3 June 2016 (NNT) - Chiang Rai has given financial assistance to victims of the fire incident in a boarding school in the province. Parents of the dead students have received mental health care from the local government units.

Chiang Rai Governor Boonsong Techamanisathit, Commander of the Chiang Rai Provincial Police Department Pol.Maj.Gen. Thanayin Thepraksa and relevant officials on Friday gave aid money totalling 14.7 million baht to relatives of the victims who were students of the school. Each of 17 dead students received 750,000 baht, a seriously injured student received 612,000 baht and a moderately injured student received 400,000 baht. 100,000 baht was given to each of three slightly injured students.

Chief of the Social Development and Human Security Department in Chiang Rai Anira Thinon said the department had already sent officers to look after the mental health of the local people affected by the incident, especially the parents of the victims.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-06-04 footer_n.gif

Not sure what else they can do at this stage.

They have compensated the families and yet amount no amount of money could make up for a life.

They have mental health and councillors working and aiding the families and victims.

They are investigating the root cause of the fire interviewing staff and management to determine what charges will be laid and to whom.

I don't think this one is going to be swept under the carpet.

Edited by The stuttering parrot

Again, the reporting is somewhat imprecise.

It states "... Each of 17 dead students received 750,000 baht,...." surely should read "...the deceased students parents/ guardians..." !

Well, at least the compensation has been paid quickly, though seems small amount for loss of life & injuries.

Edited by eggers

They have compensated the families and yet amount no amount of money could make up for a life.

They have mental health and councillors working and aiding the families and victims.

They are investigating the root cause of the fire interviewing staff and management to determine what charges will be laid and to whom.

Charges that are carried through to the bitter end and not a half baked effort until the dust settles

All right thinking people would applaud that

There will be many who have doubts about such an outcome and I number myself amongst those

I dont mind being proved wrong concerning these harrowing events

Yes, oh..yes here we go again. Many Thai people think money can repair or repay everything........Everything is about money....OMG. Amazing Thailand.

So ! you'd be a lot happier if No compensation was given ?

OMG ! Amazing response.

I didn't hear anywhere in this message that they are thinking about the next batch that will die unnecessarily because of lax safety standards. Just like so many entertainment venues that lock all the escape doors to prevent somebody sneaking in without paying. Then an emergency arises and more people (children) die because emergency exits are chained closed. How many other dormitories have been checked by these authorities??????