Cheapest times of the year to travel BKK to UK

stament

Outside of school holidays and christmas, easter, etc. I was wondering what is the cheapest month to fly this route and secondly when to book the cheap flight, as very often its not only when you fly but also when you book.

If its low season on a particular month I am sure there will be promotions by airlines ;-)

Thanks

I don't know if it would still work but a friend, who has recently passed away, had to return to UK every 6 months for an injection, some sort of treatment for prostate problems.

He bought the cheapest return he could get in Thailand and when back in UK he bought a return Belfast/Bangkok and continued doing so for quite a while. He never used the return ticket for the flight booked in Thailand and reckoned after only two flights it was cheaper to do that way, ie the savings made buying the flights in UK soon covered the loss of the return he never used.

Obviously depends on how often you are flying.

I am not entirely sure about the UK, however I was able to purchase an economy return ticket from Bangkok to Amsterdam for 320 euros, leaving in July and returning in August. Been flying back and forth several times a year for more then decade now and this is by far the cheapest fare I've seen.

Now.

Look at the 15000 Baht return to UK thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/922503-bangkok-to-uk-june-15015-baht/

How much cheaper can it get?

Seriously, early June is one of the best times.

Zero holidays in Thailand (June and September).

Most of Europe/USA not yet on holidays.

I was travelling the opposite direction (to BKK) in June in half empty planes.

September sounds like another option but I have no data/experience on that.

Edited by KhunBENQ

thanks for the updates guys, there are some good deals to be had in June. Maybe because it is school time and also Ramadan and nobody wants to go to the middle east in the summer.

Does anyone have any experience in March?