Chaiyaphruek 2.. Good Area and base to live at in pattaya?

Huayrat

A mate of mine lived up there for about 5 years, about 200metres over the railway track on the right, Baan Nreamit ( or something like that ).

The area is ok but the junction onto Sukhumvit at the weekends is a bit of a nightmare.

I want to say he paid 25K a month for a decent sized detached place but i want to say that's a little too much IMO.

I've lived there quite happily for several years, it was well quiet at first, but it's getting more and more developed now. Handy to get to the beach, and using Jomtien 2nd road to get to downtown Pattaya. Plenty of facilities within easy reach such that I rarely even go to Pattaya for any shopping now. Only real problem is the traffic past the market (Sukhumwit side of the railway line) of an evening, and the traffic at the railway road / Chaiyapreuk junction at rush hours - that can be a real nuisance.

Don't know of any rentals personally, but there are several "villages" so it would only need you to do a recce to see if there are any 'for rent' signs.

A mate of mine lived up there for about 5 years, about 200metres over the railway track on the right, Baan Nreamit ( or something like that ).

The area is ok but the junction onto Sukhumvit at the weekends is a bit of a nightmare.

I want to say he paid 25K a month for a decent sized detached place but i want to say that's a little too much IMO.

It's too much if your standards are spartan, but if you want a nice, well furnished detached house, that's a cheap price, even out there.

I have lived here for eleven years on Soi Nonghin off Chaipruk 2 and whilst the area has grown and Sukhumvit can be busy at times I am quite happy and wouldn't want to move. Depending on your needs a budget two bedroom houses start at 12000 baht for basic house, a more up market refurbished starts at 17000 baht.

It's too much if your standards are spartan, but if you want a nice, well furnished detached house, that's a cheap price, even out there.

No, it's over the going rate for that area, see below as evidence.

No, it's over the going rate for that area, see below as evidence.

Not for me. I've seen a lot of places in the 25 - 30k, but nothing I liked. There isn't a going rate as that depends on a lot of factors. Where's the evidence below?

I used to live here in Baan Suan Neramit. Theres a choice of town house or detached house. A 3 bed 2 bath detached will cost around 18,000 baht.

Nice big village and very quiet and theres now the Ville which is a newer village built next to Baan Suan Neramit. Those houses have pools and will cost around 28,000+ baht a month.

Neither of these villages have any Soi dogs hanging around either which is a bonus for most people.

Can be a bit of a pain getting out on to Sukhumvit on a night time but not that bad not to live there.

Beware the drift park is at the Indoor Stadium just up the road so if you don't like the sound of screeching tyres don't live there.

I just added it to the classifieds titled Chaiyapruk 1.

assuming pictures would help

I agree completely. But then again, any and all additional info would help.

IMO anyone that is really serious about finding a place to rent will call for the extra info.

But that's just me.

I am not an agent and don't need looky loos, no shows or ASSUming people. lol

I just added it to the classifieds titled Chaiyapruk 1.

assuming pictures would help

I agree completely. But then again, any and all additional info would help.

IMO anyone that is really serious about finding a place to rent will call for the extra info.

But that's just me.

I am not an agent and don't need looky loos, no shows or ASSUming people. lol

That's not me. I look for complete information before I waste time calling. If people are serious about renting a place, they should make an effort.

I'm finding that most really nice places with plenty of information and photos are already rented out when I enquire, but it's understandable that nice places go quickly.

Edited by tropo