Farewell and good luck!

I've decided to take my leave of this forum. I've been posting regularly for a number of years mainly on this part of the forum, 'I drink too Much'. But it is quite clearly out of control and there are strange things going on which fly in the face of reason. I have more important things to do. It seems absurd that people are allowed to attack me with impunity and I then have to take the consequences for rebutting some of the arrant nonsense that gets posted here and remains unchecked. So to all of you on the trudge by whatever means you have chosen, I wish you all well and hopefully we will cross paths on that trudge and life will continue to be good for us all. Best wishes

In peace and happiness

gerryBScot

Gerry, you shouldn't let an anonymous forum get to you, it's not a personal attack on you per se, it can't be as they would not know you if they passed you in the street, it's anonymous here, don't take things personal.

Also these guys may be heavy drinkers who post whilst drunk, I'm sure a lot of people post while pissed.

Stick around Gerry, you can't harm anybody by doing so, but you may inspire someone to quit the poison that is fawking with their lives.

This forum does not have a dedicated moderator and usually does not need one but at times, problems seep in and if no one makes a report it can be a while before I see it.

You can all help by promptly hitting the report button when there is a troll or otherwise inappropriate post.

It's not the trolls. I like the trolls. I am with them, they are my spiritual brothers and sisters. They are just like the drunks I occasionally bump into at meetings - I see myself in them, I understand what it is like to be isolated and angry, as one guy once put, it living in a dark room developing my negatives. I lived in that space for many years, too many years, but internet forums didn't exist back in those days .....maybe if they did I might have gotten help sooner! We need to allow the trolls to come on here but we need to challenge their rubbish....in as nice a way as possible, and I am sure you'll all agree I kept my cool and my worst offence was a bit of sarcasm. I have also acknowledged that AA is for from perfect and in one of my recent posts I acknowledged the immense harm 'thirteenth stepping' and other issues has caused to our fellowship. The original post with the reference was made by Johnniey, a fellow AA, who also has broad shoulders and an open mind. You see there are a core group of people here who really don't care how you do it, they just want people to get to the other side.

I can't talk about my decision to sling. I have been warned. I don't understand the rules and am not really interested in them. I approach these things from a sense of fairness and openess and I play by the rules of human decency and common sense. (reference to Moderation removed by Moderator) . I am not ashamed of anything. But I am out of here because there are consequences these days if people mistreat me or abuse me. You see this stuff is done. (further refernce to Moderation removed)

Unfortunately I challenge stuff these days, even here in dear old Thailand, and yes, it causes me problems some times, but I am beholden unto no one these days, I do not live in fear, and I do not have to continually be on the look out over my shoulder. Time to move on, dudes. I'll still be going to meetings and hopefully will see folk from time to time.

Once more, keep well, keep strong and do it one day at a time or any other way that stops you killing yourself.

Posts discussing moderation have been removed and another post has been edited to remove such content.

Forum rules -- which yo uall agreed to abide by when yo ujoined this forum -- are very clear on this:

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Hi Gerry, you have done nothing wrong and I understand your decision to leave. It isn't fair as I believe you to be a man of great integrity,

What a stupid mixup and loss to the the alcoholic who might be suffering in need of help from this forum.

All the best!

It's not the trolls. I like the trolls. I am with them, they are my spiritual brothers and sisters. They are just like the drunks I occasionally bump into at meetings - I see myself in them, I understand what it is like to be isolated and angry, as one guy once put, it living in a dark room developing my negatives. I lived in that space for many years, too many years, but internet forums didn't exist back in those days .....maybe if they did I might have gotten help sooner! We need to allow the trolls to come on here but we need to challenge their rubbish....in as nice a way as possible, and I am sure you'll all agree I kept my cool and my worst offence was a bit of sarcasm. I have also acknowledged that AA is for from perfect and in one of my recent posts I acknowledged the immense harm 'thirteenth stepping' and other issues has caused to our fellowship. The original post with the reference was made by Johnniey, a fellow AA, who also has broad shoulders and an open mind. You see there are a core group of people here who really don't care how you do it, they just want people to get to the other side.

I can't talk about my decision to sling. I have been warned. I don't understand the rules and am not really interested in them. I approach these things from a sense of fairness and openess and I play by the rules of human decency and common sense. (reference to Moderation removed by Moderator) . I am not ashamed of anything. But I am out of here because there are consequences these days if people mistreat me or abuse me. You see this stuff is done. (further refernce to Moderation removed)

Unfortunately I challenge stuff these days, even here in dear old Thailand, and yes, it causes me problems some times, but I am beholden unto no one these days, I do not live in fear, and I do not have to continually be on the look out over my shoulder. Time to move on, dudes. I'll still be going to meetings and hopefully will see folk from time to time.

Once more, keep well, keep strong and do it one day at a time or any other way that stops you killing yourself.

...I bet my life story is scarier than yours..you don't have to tell anyone anything but as soon as you go public your inviting the onslaught..good luck..keep moving...Im sure you made many good friends here too...PM me..i will be your new friend.

You will be missed. It makes no difference what some one says about me and what I say. I am not a bit interested in them any way. I am strictly speaking to the one who can hear me. He or she may not hear some one else say the same thing for one reason or another but he or she hears may hear me as I am often sarcastic. Not so much here on the boards. But I do feel that it is every ones right to be given the message and it is not my responsibility for them trying to hurt me when I push a button. You have influenced many and I wish you a good future and maybe we will see you back here. I know my views change as time goes by.

I've decided to take my leave of this forum. I've been posting regularly for a number of years mainly on this part of the forum, 'I drink too Much'. But it is quite clearly out of control and there are strange things going on which fly in the face of reason. I have more important things to do. It seems absurd that people are allowed to attack me with impunity and I then have to take the consequences for rebutting some of the arrant nonsense that gets posted here and remains unchecked. So to all of you on the trudge by whatever means you have chosen, I wish you all well and hopefully we will cross paths on that trudge and life will continue to be good for us all. Best wishes

In peace and happiness

gerryBScot

You stated "its not the trolls..."

So i guess the hint being that a decision was made,as a consequence of you defending yourself, and you feel sides were taken and it was unfair to yourself. Am i close?

The bigger picture is that we all have to battle our demons. I must say for one, i really gained a lot from the "debates" (will we call it?) that you were involved in.

I have pretty much been a silent listener until now, but i should say, many of your posts caused me to have a good look at myself and reflect upon my own situation, and yes, did give me hope and i'd speculate there are others like me that suffer the affliction to certain extents, whether or not we can admit we are alcoholics or not.

So i urge you to not give up, as you are making a valuable contribution.

As for the mods and rules..i am satisfied that they apply to everyone and in equal measure.

It must be a tough job, watching everything being said 24x7, especially in this environment, where face.....( i wont go on!)

So dont fall victim to this face thing my friend. We see to much of it around us already.

You are a crusader. Keep up the good fight!

Gerry, I hope you are still reading replies. Not nasty ones like "Thais3" and "thaiduncankk" though.

Just remember that they are unhappy drinkers who like to hear about people suffering with alcoholism and not stories of those who are recovering.

To the said people, why not go to bars? There are plenty of sad drunks there you can get fellowship with.

It a shame we have to argue as most of us who have quit have been at the exact same place as where they are.

I understand gerryBScot's point of view.....

This is a highly informative and helpful forum - some one close to me suffers from alcoholism and I have great difficult in understanding how and why...

...reading this forum has helped with this understanding, but I have found it highly irritating that some posters actively choose to attempt to make a mockery of such a serious subject by choosing to push their immaturity, narrow-mindedness in an 'ego' agenda rather than to see the bigger picture and remember their humanity...

...on a couple of occasions I have become so frustrated with those who have attempted to derail a serious topic that I've commented somewhat negatively, I'd like to say much much more about these characters, however, forum rules prevent this for obvious reasons - Slanging matches and pi$shing contests help no-one.

All I can say, is thanks to those who have and do take this forum seriously.... the debates are often interesting, we don't all have to agree, but there is no reason not to remain respectful....

Archived