Traffic violators can use their credit cards to pay fines in near future

webfact

Traffic violators can use their credit cards to pay fines in near future

255_Fine-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Motorists will in the near future pay their traffic fines with their credit cards under a land traffic bill approved by the National Legislative Assembly yesterday.

The bill which is expected to come into force in 60 days after its publication in the Royal Gazette will open a new channel through which motorists who receive traffic tickets can pay fines with their credit cards or in cash through other payment service centres.

An NLA panel considering this bill has recommended that the fee to be charged by banks for the use of credit cards to pay traffic fines should not exceed 3 percent per ticket and, in case, the fine is paid in cash at elsewhere which is not the police station, the fine should be at most 20 baht per ticket.

The panel also suggested, besides commercial banks, other agencies should also be given an opportunity to provide the service for traffic fine payments.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/traffic-violators-can-use-credit-cards-pay-fines-near-future/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-06-10

No doubt that there will be the extra 2-3% service charge on top of the fine, but on the other hand,

when you pay with credit card, you can get your bonus points too..... and who knows, with enough

fines, you can get to buy something nice for your self......

The biggest reason in my opinion that the corruption among traffic cops has been going on for so long is that it is so easy to facilitate. The biggest reason why this corruption can go on is the enormous inconvenience of paying the fines, which involves, after getting the fine, finding the damned local police office (if it is that one and not some other office somewhere in the jungle) which can take hours to find, and paying your fine, but first the police must write a report that takes a few hours and then finally you can go on your way, a few hours delayed. After you have picked up your driver license at the point of getting caught, providing the checkpoint is still there of course....

If you could just pay on the spot by dragging your card or getting a slip for payment from home at your convenience that would be ok.

Even when you get caught on traffic cam it is inconvenient, I got flashed on the Bagna highway and got a nice picture with some text explaining I will have to send the fine to the police office in charge of the camera by postal service, and then they sent back the receipt a few weeks later, ugh!

Every step of the way is designed to facilitate corruption. Now if the payment is easy the corruption will be a bleak memory in the future.

Edited by AlQaholic

Well, that deals with the issue the other day where a police officer was kind enough to offer his private bank account so the violating lady driver could transfer the money instead of offloading B500 in cash - how very convenient wai2.gif

Well, that deals with the issue the other day where a police officer was kind enough to offer his private bank account so the violating lady driver could transfer the money instead of offloading B500 in cash - how very convenient wai2.gif

The last people I want to give my CC info to!

That's easily solved, avoid getting traffic tickets or better still use that colored paper in your wallet..

Yes its truly getting to be colored paper. At least this cuts out the middle man in the system. There must be a profit catch to it somewhere.

Must be somewhere around 25 years behind Europe in the development of the cashless society, but then you probably wouldn't want it here.

Cashless society here? There would be no BIB. No one would take the job without the "cash" benefit

Wonder if you will be able to pay the fines via credit card at 7/11 at some point in the future?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/918104-swipe-it-7-eleven-to-accept-credit-cards/

That would be very convenient.

Absolutely hilarious=------ yesterday an officer was called into the office to explain why he took a fine into his personal a/c now this.Now we can forget all about his demeanour because he has given us a brilliant new idea,we may even promote him------- Thailand at it's best clap2.gifcheesy.gif

yes, of course they will take exact steps that Phra Dhammakaya took. you can only pay boon with CC and they also encourage poor people to max them out. Naturally the RTP saw this as a great scheme. lol RTP they never do their job. DONT GIVE THEM YOU CC INFORMATION. IF you do, technically your also giving it to me. Gotta love police taking pictures with their line app.

"......and, in case, the fine is paid in cash at elsewhere which is not the police station, the fine should be at most 20 baht per ticket."

I understand this bit to mean that the most they can fine someone at the side of the road is just 20bt..? Nice to know!

Rofl

I totally trust other agencies to handle my card information. As much as i would trust a police to charge it haha. Ofc the only way to secure against bribing, stealing, fraud etc is to issue a fine that you can pay in banks. The Thais always seem to include options in their solutions where you still can steal, cheat or make frauds.

Stop this nonsense now

PERIOD!