Obtaining Thai Passport

Hi, :D

I'm asking this question on my Dad's behalf. :D

His girlfriend needs to apply for a passport so she can visit him in Australia.

What is the process? She lives in Bangkok and is a Thai citizen. My Thai friend told me this:

"They need to bring an ID card and application fee which is approximate 1100 Baht.

Then go to the passport department which is on the 5th or 7th floor i'm not sure.

It's in Central Department Store, Bangna area."

Is this accurate? :o

Hi, :D

I'm asking this question on my Dad's behalf. :D

His girlfriend needs to apply for a passport so she can visit him in Australia.

What is the process? She lives in Bangkok and is a Thai citizen. My Thai friend told me this:

"They need to bring an ID card and application fee which is approximate 1100 Baht.

Then go to the passport department which is on the 5th or 7th floor i'm not sure.

It's in Central Department Store, Bangna area."

Is this accurate? :o

This is correct. The passport service is in the parking lot on the 9th floor (not 5th). No need to make a passport photo, they will make one over there with a digital camera. The passport can be sent by mail. But I believe the price was a bit higher than 1100, although not much (maybe 1500 baht).

Edited by kriswillems

It is a very very simple process.

The application form is 2 lines. You have to apply in person. Bring along the ID card and the house registration. Wait in line and then you'll be taken a booth where your photo is taken.

All the neccessary information for the passport is transferred from the central ID registry...all very high tech.

My passport was ready in 3 days. You can pick it up yourself, or they can courier it to you via EMS.

The challenge will be getting the visa to visit OZ!!