Many lives lost in Orlando nightclub shooting

Jonathan Fairfield

Coverage on Fox now.

Not on BBC or Aljazeera.

It's surely coming.

A major international news event especially if the Islamic terrorism connection pans out.

Heard a deluded commentator on the BBC today saying we don't know yet it might be a Christian extremist, or somebody mentally ill. Right, baptists and Quakers are well known for this kind of attack on innocent people. Of course it's Islamic again, and again and again, stop making excuses for it.

That is deluded in this case but there have been violent attacks on gay spaces in the USA in the past by people motivated by Christian fundamentalism. No, nothing approaching THIS historic attack. Obviously not.

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Focus on how someone was able to legally obtain an AR 15 and high volume bullet clips. Ponder that first.

The terrorists in Europe didnt seem to have much trouble in obtaining the right tools for the job despite strict gun laws

My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the victims #PrayforOrlando

What is that going to acheive, apart from a whole bunch of "dont forget about me" types on FB getting up on their soap box?

Actually they did. The investigation showed that it took time to obtain the grenades used in the attack. Also the AKM automatic weapons had to be obtained from former east bloc mafia. The paris attackers used explosives when they were close to capture and were an organized group.The Orlando massacre was the work of one wacko.

The White House will be endorsing the "hate crime" angle to change the media narrative away from more negative Islam news.

This isn't a "hate crime"?

Yes, they hate gays and all other infidels with equal zeal.....not unlike the Nazi quest to exterminate the Jews.

It's a nice sentiment but I'm not sure it's such a good idea to inject religion into a recent terrorism event inspired by ... religion.

Jingthing, if religion is unacceptable thing for a gay, like you have just mentioned, what should be said if a gay dies?

I never said any such thing.

Obviously, what happens at the funerals of the victims will be up to their loved ones.

It's a nice sentiment but I'm not sure it's such a good idea to inject religion into a recent terrorism event inspired by ... religion.
I thought it was about a homophobic muslim going on an anti-gay killing spree. Where's the religion? Not all muslims hate gays.
Mass murder is beyond hate.
The shooter (probably, not 100 percent confirmed) has ties to radical Islam, maybe even ISIS.
Do you follow the news about what happens to gays in many areas of the Middle East, and not just ISIS?
Mateen's father told NBC News, "This has nothing to do with religion." He says his son became angry after seeing 2 men kissing a few months ago in Miami, and he speculates that could have triggered his decision to kill.

I feel better now. Pops has cleared it all up.

As someone who lives in Paris I can certainly understand how people of Orlando and more generally American people feel right now and I offer my warmest sympathy. Seems that no place is immune from these insane extremists.

I sincerely hope that the American people will be smart enough to see through the shameless exploitation Donald Trump is going to make of this.

As someone who lives in Paris I can certainly understand how people of Orlando and more generally American people feel right now and I offer my warmest sympathy. Seems that no place is immune from these insane extremists.

I sincerely hope that the American people will be smart enough to see through the shameless exploitation Donald Trump is going to make of this.

How is addressing the issue head on exploitation ?

Islam is an ideology. Not a religion. Until we can admit that, nothing will change

Really compared to what? The white house has already come out and said their thoughts and prayers are with family...thats all they will ever say! nothing ever done..

Edited by mcfish

How is addressing the issue head on exploitation ?

I don't think that jailing a significant part of your own people on purely religious grounds is anywhere close to properly addressing the issue. I don't want to make Godwin's law true one more time so I won't mention the last government who has "addressed" the issue of a internal threat coming from a religious group.

Anyway, that's for Americans to choose.

Really compared to what? The white house has already come out and said their thoughts and prayers are with family...thats all they will ever say! nothing ever done..

And of course, we can expect Barack Hussein Obama to ignore the ostensible (at this point) Islamic angle once again declare a new battle against the Second Amendment.

There is talk now, and there should be, how the ideology of radical Islam (which does have at least the sympathies of a shockingly high percentage of the world's Muslims) does indeed favor death for homosexuality, and in some cases, are carrying that out.

But I feel it should also be noted it's not only Islamists that use religion to favor death for gays and also sometimes carry it out motivated by religions other than Islam.

Example, death penalty laws in some African nations justified by Christianity.

Brazil ... hundreds of gays murdered by police for decades. "Good" Christians.

I told you that two hours ago but you were intent on establishing facts. But now, suddenly, you're listening.

Let's quit the LGBT nonsense as there's now a carnage of innocent dead.

I did state that these evil beings will kill anyone in their path.

Seriously, I despair, JT, I really do.

To me LGBT doesn't matter. These were innocent people trying to have a good time at a club. I don't care if they were gay, white, black, Catholics, Muslims or any other demographic. This was a despicable act and its level of evil isn't contingent on what group was targeted.

The White House will be endorsing the "hate crime" angle to change the media narrative away from more negative Islam news.

This isn't a "hate crime"?

People work there, right? Maybe we can call it "workplace violence" (wink wink).

But we still need to accept more unscreened muslim migrants into the United States and Trump's idea to keep them out until proprer screening mechanisms are in place is just plain racism right?

And Obama's rule against DHS employees looking at what these people say on social media is looking more brilliant (ahem) all the time. How can America survive with such insane stupidity by our ruling class?

"Representative Adam B. Schiff, a California Democrat who is a member of the House Intelligence Committee, issued a statement saying law enforcement officials told him that the gunman had pledged his allegiance to the Islamic State."

Source: New York Times

Coverage on Fox now.

Not on BBC or Aljazeera.

It's surely coming.

A major international news event especially if the Islamic terrorism connection pans out.

What a tragic loss of life. Without prejudging the facts news is so politicized these days that either the right wing or liberal left wing press will have a field day whilst the other tries to bury the story. If it's correct that Fox are covering this and as yet Al Jazeera and the BBC are not then this alone is a big clue as to who was responsible.

Fox News only has a domestic feed that is shown around the world. Whatever corner of the world you are watching Fox News, it is the exact same as they are watching in the USA. Needless to say, EVERY domestic news channel in the US is covering the story.

Anyway, just now on CNN Int'l they said the guy called 911 beforehand and pledged allegiance to ISIS and mentioned the Boston bombers.

Edited by mopar71

It may not be over yet...

WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities took a suspect into custody in Santa Monica after discovering an arsenal in his car that included tannerite powder, assault weapons and a camouflage outfit.
The suspect told authorities that he was there for the Los Angeles Pride festival.

http://abc7.com/news/suspect-w--arsenal-in-car-taken-into-custody-in-santa-monica/1382290/

From the man who brought politics into it....

Oh the irony...