Best place in CM to buy a gas top oven?

Kunjay

Looking to buy an oven with a gas cook top either new or second hand.

Been to Home Sukapan, looked at their catalogue but would prefer to view a good range of ovens in a shop although im starting to suspect there is no such thing in CM. Just the homeware shops like Global and the rest who dont have many conventional stand alone ovens.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Ps before anyone points it out, I do realise this isnt a staple part of thai kitchens.

thanks

Here in Udon I've been looking also. Makro online has a number of ovens. W/wo burners on top. They state only online purchase (none in the stores). May purchase one soon.

Here in Udon I've been looking also. Makro online has a number of ovens. W/wo burners on top. They state only online purchase (none in the stores). May purchase one soon.

Do you have a link for that? I can't find any gas ranges with ovens on their site. Thanks.

There is a huge, high end design place called Boontavon that has ovens on display.

Get on the Super Highway heading toward Lamphun. The place is on your left, between the 2nd and 3rd Ring Road.

On the road that goes from the southeast cornor of the moat to pantip center there is a kitchen and bath design shop with lots of displays. It is on the southside of the road near a couple of Thai hardware stores, it is a bit set back from the road but only about 25 feet

Agree with lots of stock in Baan and Beyond; they also have all of the various brand's catalogues and will order anything they don't have. I found the guy in the section dealing with cooktops and ovens unusually helpful for that kind of store, going above and beyond what he needed to do to help me.

I'd try Baker Mart (Kitchen Friend / Phuan Khrua) on the Lamphun Road south of Nong Hoy intersection adn before you get to 89 Plaza.

https://www.facebook.com/cmbakermart1

Word to the wise here... bought a very nice Elba through these folks. When it came time for some very minor warranty action, ie paint chipping from the oven handle, they would do nothing to help. Same from the Elba agent in BKK so I finally had to go directly to Elba in Italy to get the part replaced- only took 5 months at that!

Haven't been back to the place since and have no plans of ever going back!

Edited by fredge45

Um, Fredge. when you bought the oven, the sales contract probably stated that any problems with the oven must be solved through the maker of the unit, not the vendor. So, you did not read the contract and growled for nothing. And chipped paint on the handle requires a great moan? Sorry for you, diddums.