table fan vs wall fan in Thailand?

returnofthailand

I m thinking to buy a wall fan. it s for my bed. summer coming, it s time to cool our body down.

what can you recommend? at big C I have found hatari 16 inches fan (wall fan) for 998 bahts and 18 inches(wall fan) for 1438 bahts

what do you think about table fans? , these fans seem to wobble after a few months. and frame just vibrate. I got 2 of these and they are bad. the supporting plastic bar got play and vibrates.

I've had both and prefer floor pedestal fans for 18" and table fans for smaller sizes both because of versatility and ease of cleaning. Cleaning a wall mounted fan is a P.I.A.

For the bedroom, I really like a ceiling fan.

For a bedroom, you may want to consider paying a little more and getting a fan with a remote control. Saves getting out of bed in the middle of the night. I agree with above that ceiling fans are probably a better option than wall fans in a bedroom. You will need to make sure there is something solid and secure to fix it to up in the roof. Screwing it just to, say a plaster board ceiling is not an option.

I prefer wall fans to the smaller table top type.

A good free standing floor fan is better too IMHO than a desktop one.

No screws to undo to take a wall fan down. Simply lift it off the bracket and clean the same as any other fan.

Ceiling fans are good IF they are properly balanced. I have been in several places where these wobble so much I was wary of sleeping beneath one.

You couldn't find a model that wouldn't require opening your wallet? Prices like 998 and 1,438 seem lavishly extravagant. You could live happily for 2 weeks on that sort of cash. Skip the fan I think you would only feel guilty sitting in the cool breeze thinking of how you could have potentially invested those funds into something that could have paid off better financially for you. You have stuck it out this long, trust me now is not the time to start doing yourself any favors.

Also consider it isn't just the entry price for the fan but think of how your electric bill is going to soar afterwards. It is one thing to buy a Lamborghini and quite another to keep fuel in it.

Edited by anotheruser

You couldn't find a model that wouldn't require opening your wallet? Prices like 998 and 1,438 seem lavishly extravagant. You could live happily for 2 weeks on that sort of cash. Skip the fan I think you would only feel guilty sitting in the cool breeze thinking of how you could have potentially invested those funds into something that could have paid off better financially for you. You have stuck it out this long, trust me now is not the time to start doing yourself any favors.

Also consider it isn't just the entry price for the fan but think of how your electric bill is going to soar afterwards. It is one thing to buy a Lamborghini and quite another to keep fuel in it.

555 very funny. how much these fans cost for electricity vs ac? 30 bahts a month vs 4000 bahts probably.

I 'm a winner here. again....

I have ceiling fans in just about every room in the house (not the bathrooms but should have put same there). Have several of the common 18" floor fans, use those a lot as fill-in cooling in hot season afternoons. Only run the aircon at night in the BR.

As far as the Hatari fans are concerned:

Get the 18" only if it will be used in a large room.

Buy the 16" for smaller rooms.

The 18" on speed "1" blows as hard as the 16" does on "3".

Too much fan in a small room can be uncomfortable.

I have both 16 and 18 inch Hatari pedestal fans.

I also have an 18 inch Hatari wall fan that would most certainly be overkill in a small room.

Wall fans leave floor space which can be a consideration - but you need a handy power source....

Somehow wall fans always seem to have or develop a vibration noise, flutter, a squeek, or a sweep noise + are fairly stuck to be one directional.....I've been in some rooms where the angle the air hit me got annoying after awhile.....

We have 6 pedestal floor fans throughout the house & they never seem to stay rooted in one spot.....It's handy to be able to move them as needed....

In the bedroom a nice quality reversible ceiling fan is the best way to go - if you're looking for a permanent solution & the ceiling is properly boxed & wired to receive one.....

Edited by pgrahmm