Call centre cheats and skimmers rounded up in Chiang Mai

webfact

Please help me little bit here. In this forum there is always a lot of talk about finger pointing, and wherew the pointed fingers are.

There is also a lot of you asking about that, who also want to talk about everything that is wrong in Thailand which means that you want the people working to behave professional.

Maby you people should start concentrating on the matter at hand, and not if fingers are pointed or not. It´s simply pointless!

The Thai word for 'identify' is ชี้ ตัว (chi tua) which literally translates as 'point at the body'.

Makes a lot more sense now, no?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please help me little bit here. In this forum there is always a lot of talk about finger pointing, and wherew the pointed fingers are.

There is also a lot of you asking about that, who also want to talk about everything that is wrong in Thailand which means that you want the people working to behave professional.

Maby you people should start concentrating on the matter at hand, and not if fingers are pointed or not. It´s simply pointless!

The Thai word for 'identify' is ชี้ ตัว (chi tua) which literally translates as 'point at the body'.

Makes a lot more sense now, no?

Nothing I didn´t know. Still doesn´t explain why that is the main point to discuss over and over again.

If they identify in that way, just leave them to it. It has nothing to do with the over all crime, punishment and arresting of criminals.

Just a lot of stupid comments, made out of people that need to say something foolish that has nothing do do with the crime or what happens.

"They were charged with theft as well as immigration offences and working without permits."

That's pretty funny - they need work permits to be criminals.

I think the term used, would be 'throwing the book at them'. Law book that is and nail them with every valid law they've broken

Exactly.

The cops are hitting them with everything they can.

But don't let that obvious fact get in the way of a snarky remark if it can be used to denigrate Thais or Thailand.

I am so very happy that so many people that post in this forum are so consistant with the low quality comments.

There is always something wrong with everything that is being done and happens here in Thailand.

How would it be to see something a little bit positive. Maby it would have been better that these lowlifes that
engage themselfs in ugly business can continue? No, then so many people have probelm with that!
When the police arrest them so many people that post think they are diong so much wrong.

Are you guys really serious! What are you doing here, or are you just sitting in the comfort of your home country
and need another country to piss on all the time just because your own lifes sucks?

Just let it be, or take the next plane home! To much nonsense from grown up people!

Sadly one of the largest call centers is sill operating with impunity along the canal road. They "employ" some 30 Europeans, including French, German. Italian, Spanish and English. Hopefully their time will come soon, as these people peddle misery and financial hardship. Nothing but a bunch of low thieves.

Can you give more details?

Check your mail box whistling.gif

There are the cheats from particularly the UK and Europe who actually believe it's Ok to scam and cheat, the benefit fraudsters.Like the teacher from Manchester I knew who was claiming disability benefit living in Thailand.Of course it stopped in 2010 when the Labour benefit Party got kicked out. Always report crime. There is no victimless crime including ATM or call center scams

I am so very happy that so many people that post in this forum are so consistant with the low quality comments.

There is always something wrong with everything that is being done and happens here in Thailand.

How would it be to see something a little bit positive. Maby it would have been better that these lowlifes that

engage themselfs in ugly business can continue? No, then so many people have probelm with that!

When the police arrest them so many people that post think they are diong so much wrong.

Are you guys really serious! What are you doing here, or are you just sitting in the comfort of your home country

and need another country to piss on all the time just because your own lifes sucks?

Just let it be, or take the next plane home! To much nonsense from grown up people!

I think you will find that when something positive DOES happen in Thailand, (e.g. the 2 year jail sentence with no parole for the "thugs" who beat up the British family), the posts on here are generally complimentary. However, when justice is seen to be lacking, (the Red Bull heir case, and more recently, the Koh Tao fiasco of an investigation) yes, people do criticise the system here, and generally, have supporting evidence for their complaints.

Do you think that this is wrong? Or would you rather have a system where everything you read is monitored by the authorities, and if deemed "unsuitable", does not get printed?

As far as this post is concerned, I think the BIB have done a good job - compliments to all involved, but my only minor criticism would be to ask if everybody involved has to be in the photo?smile.png

Edited by sambum

I think you will find that when something positive DOES happen in Thailand, (e.g. the 2 year jail sentence with no parole for the "thugs" who beat up the British family), the posts on here are generally complimentary. However, when justice is seen to be lacking, (the Red Bull heir case, and more recently, the Koh Tao fiasco of an investigation) yes, people do criticise the system here, and generally, have supporting evidence for their complaints.

Do you think that this is wrong? Or would you rather have a system where everything you read is monitored by the authorities, and if deemed "unsuitable", does not get printed?

As far as this post is concerned, I think the BIB have done a good job - compliments to all involved, but my only minor criticism would be to ask if everybody involved has to be in the photo?smile.png

Just totally useless trying to talk sense into people that just like to complain over everything.

My point stands. If you are not happy here and can accept how things are done and work, just choose another country that has all what you search for.

What is the use in trying to torture yourself with staying in a place where everything is so wrong.

I actually believed that people move to a country to get a nice life and harmony, and really enjoy their time instead of just complaining.

There is a whole world waiting outside for everyone that can not accept how it is where they are at the moment. And as you see, my post was quite popular with the people that can accept it is not their country.

Edited by Carson2311

Tighten up visa rules for these European countries plus Russia

Thighten up how??? It is already so tight that when you try to pay with Visa Card (NOT DEBIT CARD) your request for payment is not accepted. I have contacted the companies concerned and they tell me, "Nothing they can do they ONLY use Visa Services".

I'm not the looser I'm the winner because I'm not spending my money while the books I wanted the material in them I can also find by doing a Web Search and get it for FREE.

So get off you lazy behind and do Web Searches for what you want.

Just totally useless trying to talk sense into people that just like to complain over everything.

My point stands. If you are not happy here and can accept how things are done and work, just choose another country that has all what you search for.

What is the use in trying to torture yourself with staying in a place where everything is so wrong.

I actually believed that people move to a country to get a nice life and harmony, and really enjoy their time instead of just complaining.

There is a whole world waiting outside for everyone that can not accept how it is where they are at the moment. And as you see, my post was quite popular with the people that can accept it is not their country.

Take a step back, sir! This is all getting very much off topic, but if I may reply:-

"Just totally useless trying to talk sense into people that just like to complain over everything."

​As far as I can see, nobody is complaining about EVERYTHING - it just appears so to yourself.

"My point stands. If you are not happy here and can accept how things are done and work, just choose another country that has all what you search for."

Nirvana is what you describe, and I do not believe that that country/state exists on this world. Can you not see that the people who are complaining are only doing so because they feel that certain things could be so much better if certain logical changes (in their opinion) were made? A minor example:- You can not purchase alcohol in our local (and I believe, countrywide) Tesco branch before 5pm on an afternoon. So why does the girl in the alcohol department allow you to select your beers and spirits, put them in your basket/trolley, only for the checkout girl to say "No can have until 5 pm"? As I point out - a minor point, but very frustrating when there is a very simple solution to the problem - I'm sure I don't need to explain it in detail. It's the same in many stores where "No have" is the standard answer when you know fine well that they "do have", but they can't be bothered to look!!! And, yes, before you mention it, I know that that happens in other countries as well.

MY point is that I believe nobody expects perfection here, and if the truth be known, the majority of farangs are probably better off financially here than in their own country, the climate is much better, and if my country is anything to go by, I feel a lot safer here walking down a main street on a weekend than in my own "home" town!

However, that does not mean to say that in any society there is not room for improvement, and I do feel that Thailand/Thais are particularly reluctant to listen to advice on any matter - it's down to that old "face" thing! And also the fact that no matter how satisfactory your situation is, there is always room for improvement, and to say "if you don't like it,take the next plane home" doesn't really cut it with me. I have lived here for quite a few years, so I'm not a "newbie", and don't complain about "everything", but if I see a situation that could be improved, then I think it is appropriate to voice my opinion about it.

Edited by sambum

Take a step back, sir! This is all getting very much off topic, but if I may reply:-

"Just totally useless trying to talk sense into people that just like to complain over everything."

​As far as I can see, nobody is complaining about EVERYTHING - it just appears so to yourself.

"My point stands. If you are not happy here and can accept how things are done and work, just choose another country that has all what you search for."

Nirvana is what you describe, and I do not believe that that country/state exists on this world. Can you not see that the people who are complaining are only doing so because they feel that certain things could be so much better if certain logical changes (in their opinion) were made? A minor example:- You can not purchase alcohol in our local (and I believe, countrywide) Tesco branch before 5pm on an afternoon. So why does the girl in the alcohol department allow you to select your beers and spirits, put them in your basket/trolley, only for the checkout girl to say "No can have until 5 pm"? As I point out - a minor point, but very frustrating when there is a very simple solution to the problem - I'm sure I don't need to explain it in detail. It's the same in many stores where "No have" is the standard answer when you know fine well that they "do have", but they can't be bothered to look!!! And, yes, before you mention it, I know that that happens in other countries as well.

MY point is that I believe nobody expects perfection here, and if the truth be known, the majority of farangs are probably better off financially here than in their own country, the climate is much better, and if my country is anything to go by, I feel a lot safer here walking down a main street on a weekend than in my own "home" town!

However, that does not mean to say that in any society there is not room for improvement, and I do feel that Thailand/Thais are particularly reluctant to listen to advice on any matter - it's down to that old "face" thing! And also the fact that no matter how satisfactory your situation is, there is always room for improvement, and to say "if you don't like it,take the next plane home" doesn't really cut it with me. I have lived here for quite a few years, so I'm not a "newbie", and don't complain about "everything", but if I see a situation that could be improved, then I think it is appropriate to voice my opinion about it.

Sure, everybody is entitled to their opinion and should off course voice it. The sad thing is just that there already are so much off topic here. As for an example: Where is the finger pointing?

What has that to do with anything.

Another thing that are obvious is that many people posting on Thai Visa, just don´t read what other people post in a convesation which is the fundamentals for getting somwhere.

Instead they post thing that are already posted 2-5 times in different versions.

Just look at that and compare it with the system so many are complaining about. Maby many people have to look at themselfs before asking a whole country to change.

Regarding "Nirvana" so can you not be more far out in space. Nothing I have been postning can in any way have any possible connection with that. Plaese do your research, sir.

One thing though. I am very happy that you reached the point of understanding, You feel safer in Thailand than in your home country. That´s a step in the right direction to reach enlightment,(that was a part of coming to "Nirvana").

Then I suggest that you let happiness prevail, and embrace the situation on a higher level. See you got it better than before! Safety first, ain´t it? Why complain? Much always want more!

(Ooopss! that was more of that kind of Nirvana you were talking about. Just hoping to be able to reach out to you locked up mind that way.) smile.png

By the way. I have been living here for about 14-15 years, but who is counting. Totally without ant problem. Maby that is because a have that flexibility and knowledge how to fit in and accept the country I am in.

As of before. If you want to complain. Do it at home! Don´t move somewhere else and put out your negative blame on things. In home you have all the right in the world to complain.

When you move to have a better life, it´s just to accept that sometimes you make the wrong decision.

Tighten up visa rules for these European countries plus Russia

Russia is part of Europe..

Since when?

Geographically, Russia is a part of the Asian continent.

http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/asia.htm

To be more exact. Russia is both european and asian. Actually it would be seen as more asian, on the basis that Moscow and the bigger part of Russia is i asian territory, (approx. 60%).

However, the believe is that Russia is european, just because it has been up for membership in EU so many times.

I hope the operation is the same or one of the same operations that call me about every 3 months or so and I know right away what it is and I hang up on them.

Sometime, before I hang up on them, I shout at them and call them: Low life, Scum Bag, Pieces of Turd

Can I sue them and be compensated for harassment and mental stress inflicted upon me...???....lol

Cheers

After countless news stories, you would think perhaps people would realize the photos are the way things are done here. Not good. Not bad. Just different. Why is it a minor criticism?

I don't understand this scam how they manage to get people to send them money???

Very easily. Quick look at Facebook and they know where you work and live, where you go, where and when you holiday, what activities and groups you are involved in, details of your parents, children, friends and pets, what you like to eat. With photos they can probably see the car you drive and the kind of house you live in. With all that it is not hard to sell yourself as a source with some close connections to people the mark trusts and concoct a much better story than my water buffalo is sick

You gotta love the work permit part. What would that specific permit be called? Scammer license? Fleecing permit?

Why is it, that a percentage of the population refuses to work for a living? What is that? A sense of entitlement? What makes people think that stealing from others constitutes a livelihood, and is OK?

"They were charged with theft as well as immigration offences and working without permits."

That's pretty funny - they need work permits to be criminals.

No you cannot get a work permit. Criminal is a reserved occupation for Thais.

Just another perfect person that likes Thailand a lot, which all can see by your enormuosly stupid comment. I am just lost for words. Please elplain yourself. Why would criminal be reserved only for Thais? I sincerely hope that you can open up your thought an give us all a piece of your fantastic well of knowledge. Otherwise you are just antother moron that needed to say somthing stupid.

Just for your knowledge. There is a lot of foreign criminals in Thailand, just because it has been an easy place in the world to work freely with their shitty business.

You could actually compare all todays crimes that regards fraud and other high tech crimes. Was it more crimes of that kind before the westerner decided to invade Thailand, or was it more after that already happened? Off course the technology was not there so long time ago, but we have been paying with cards a long time now.

You might also take a look at most of the crimes in the economical sector. Is there more foreigners in Thailand that are a part of them, or is it most with only Thai people involved?

I am sure you already got your answer. It was nice educating you up to a normal level of knowledge. Just get in touch with the next problem you might have. I will be here to sort it out for you.

Attention! I will also like to, at the same time regarding your post about information on Facebook, to just advise everyone to not use that media at all. Because it´s just a playpin for grown-ups and youngsters that want to escape in to a virtual world. The sad reason is that most of them can´t, or tourns in to someone who can´t, cope with the real world. Why in the world would people think that everyone on that social media are there friends, and give out information about all their life? It´s horrible to know that such a big part of the population is so naive.

You gotta love the work permit part. What would that specific permit be called? Scammer license? Fleecing permit?

Why is it, that a percentage of the population refuses to work for a living? What is that? A sense of entitlement? What makes people think that stealing from others constitutes a livelihood, and is OK?

I guess the straight answer would be. Milky Road, taking the easy way out! The only thing is that ,lucky for everybody that like to be fair, they usually get caught sooner or later. Out of that it shows for many as not such an easy way after all.

Another strange point is that its not att all such an easy life. If these people that committ these crimes of cowardness should really use their capacity for real work, I think that they would find that both more easy and quite rewarding too.

As we all know, it´s just a whole bunch of sick people in the world. I just use bugspray! Works fine for for me. laugh.png

It seems the Ukrainians are better at scamming than their Malay counterparts.

And people sending money when a card is wrong

WHY NOT CALL THE BANK TO VERIFY FIRST.

One dummy born every minute.

After countless news stories, you would think perhaps people would realize the photos are the way things are done here. Not good. Not bad. Just different. Why is it a minor criticism?

Because if I said "criticism" a certain poster would have had me on the next plane home given a chance - oh sorry, I am home!

And with your permission, although I agree with your post, I would have worded it slightly differently i.e. "the way photos are done is the way things are done here"!