Is it too late?

We are 5 weeks into the 1st semester. Your best bet would be to wait until late September because at that point many teacher wannabes have given their 30 day notice and schools will need replacements for semester 2 starting early November.

Many teachers who flew in directly leave after a few weeks because they are overwhelmed by Thai schools and Thailand. There's turnover throughout the year but more in the first semester. There are also many schools still searching for teachers.

"I'm at this school for the second day. Even though I've been going through my mind thinking that I should just pull a runner and leave I find an excuse to come back again. I even had second thoughts signing the contract."

"However, I signed a contract having second thoughts. I thought that if I don't like my teaching job I can just take the next paycheck and bail."

"It's been a couple of weeks since I pulled the runner "

I am sure schools will be falling over themselves to hire you - for the day or two you decide to stay.

Never assume it's too late. So many schools, so many positions, there will always be SOMETHING going on. What's nice about this post-start season is that the application/hire/start process can go really quickly, since schools will be in a rush to fill vacancies. Keep knocking on doors!

The university semesters are different to regular Thai school semesters, and I think the Demonstration/Satit schools might also follow the university calendar (I'm not sure though), which would mean that these institutions should be getting ready to start their terms soon as well, so look for work at the universities.

Archived