What is DMSO?

weldo

I know a guy here who has DMSO. He was telling me it is good for many things like pain reduction. I would like to try it, but firstly, has anyone here tried it and can recommend it?

Thanks

DMSO is an industrial solvent that became a brief fad treatment for Arthritis and joint pain in the 1980's. I remember adds by bootleg sellers posted all over the city. It was quickly discredited as it's side effects became apparent. I haven't seen it mentioned for years.

• 3 weeks later...

I have experience with it. I actually have a jar of %70 DMSO %30 Aleo Vera sitting here in front of me.

I use it all the time.

For bruises, joint pain, and to take some meds across the skin barrier when I want/need that.

Very useful stuff.

Some people put it in their eyes? ... and take it orally? ..

I am not too sure about that ..

Also .. good for herpes out breaks (thank god I do not have that problem .. but, I have a friend that says it CURED his cold sores ... from cold sores every year to MAYBE one every 8 years.)

Try it

I use it all the time

I actually have a jar of it sitting in front of me ..

%70 DMSO %30 Aleo Vera ..

I use it for bruises, sprains, skin problems, and to get meds across the skin barrier if I think I need that ...

I like it .. it is very useful to me .. and cheap ..

I am sure you have read this .. http://www.dmso.org/articles/information/muir.htm

as far as it being discredited .. i quote from the page above ..

Yet in the United States, DMSO has Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval only for use as a preservative of organs for transplant and for interstitial cystitis, a bladder disease. It has fallen out of the limelight and out of the mainstream of medical discourse, leading some to believe that it was discredited. The truth is more complicated.

"It's a square peg being pushed into a round hole," says Dr. Jacob. "It doesn't follow the rifle approach of one agent against one disease entity. It's the aspirin of our era. If aspirin were to come along today, it would have the same problem. If someone gave you a little white pill and said take this and your headache will go away, your body temperature will go down, it will help prevent strokes and major heart problems--what would you think?"

Hi cocteau2x,

I did get some 99.9%. I have not experienced any side effects mentioned on the web except for some tingling on soft skin.

From the very first application, within a few minutes any pain had decreased considerably. From then, wherever I felt any pain or tightness of muscles, I applied and got incredible relief. At the time I got it, I was experiencing a lot of nerve pain in my left foot. That pain has all but gone. Had slight sprain in my ankle, it gone.. Neck and shoulder pain, gone. This stuff is magic. Now, after 2 weeks, I only need to use a little. After much research, I have also been taking internally with juice. I go to the gym and swim, and must say, I feel great. So, I would say, I am at least 90% pain free compared to 2 1/2 weeks ago. Still working on some old injuries.