Road rage: Crazy cabbie jumps on farang's car like he’s freaking Tony Jaa

snoop1130

Road rage: Crazy cabbie jumps on farang's car like he’s freaking Tony Jaa
Coconuts Bangkok

taxi2_2.jpg

BANGKOK -- Just when you think you've seen the worst from Bangkok’s taxi drivers, a video like this surfaces to prove that they can sink much lower than you thought.

A crazy taxi driver was filmed kicking and jumping on a foreigner's car yesterday morning following a reportedly simple argument — who gets to go first.

The incident, which happened in On Nut soi 30 at around 7:30am, started when the foreigner did not stop for the pink taxi to turn right, according to a witness' voice in the background of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFIBdeIdvSE&feature=youtu.be

Full Story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/06/17/road-rage-crazy-cabbie-jumps-farangs-car-hes-freaking-tony-jaa-video

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-06-17

The foreigner was very cool - Props to him keeping his head..

These sort of little 'ego' battles occur daily in Bangkok's traffic..

We didn't see the start of the incident, perhaps the White Car should have let the taxi turn in front of him, for the sake of politeness. BUT, that doesn't mean the Taxi had right of way.

This imbecile kicking the car with a child in his arms tells us all we need to know of the moral fibre of this taxi driving idiot.

Nasty traffic snarled Bangkok sub sois around rush hour. One thing I certainly don't miss about Bangkok......Not too bad on a Sunday morning/lunchtime whizz into town (if one get's a cabbie 'in the know'; who, as if by magic seems to dump you exactly where you want to be after ten/twenty minutes of thinking 'where the **** am I/is this **** taking me?'')

Nice to see a bloke who knows enough about Thailand to keep his cool and not get involved as there were the customary few sharks 'on hand' to help out their compatriot if it had got nasty.....

Great that someone shot this video, else it was the Farangs words against the Taxi drivers word, and guess who would have to pay up whistling.gif

Edit: Hoping the Foreigner got a copy of the Video to show the BiB (but I guess so as he was pointing at the "Camera' Guy a couple of times.)

Edited by MJCM

Standing in front of a car when the driver is clearly irate has to be one of most idiotic things i've seen in a while, then tops it off by putting his foot in front of the wheel when the driver wouldn't be able to see it. All over a minor traffic issue.

If you get out your car over such a small issue its clear you're looking for a fight and if you get a hiding its deserved.

Edited by ffaarraanngg

Funny when the taxi driver got out of the car looking like he was going to start fighting and the foriegner is about twice his size and he backed down. Hopefully he talked to the person with the camera and had them report this to the taxi company and police. Say what you want about the foreigners actions but the taxi driver deserves some jail time for this.

Funny when the taxi driver got out of the car looking like he was going to start fighting and the foriegner is about twice his size and he backed down. Hopefully he talked to the person with the camera and had them report this to the taxi company and police. Say what you want about the foreigners actions but the taxi driver deserves some jail time for this.

"foriegnerr" may know a pack of thais would be on him in seconds if he laid a hand on the thai

We didn't see the start of the incident, perhaps the White Car should have let the taxi turn in front of him, for the sake of politeness. BUT, that doesn't mean the Taxi had right of way.

My guess is that the cars on the falang's side were queueing, and he could have left a gap ahead of him while stationary, but didn't.

"foriegnerr" may know a pack of thais would be on him in seconds if he laid a hand on the thai

He didn't need to lay a hand on anybody because the little man backed down as soon as he got out of the car.

If traffic is heavy and moving slowly, I'll often stop and let someone turn in front of me. Within 20 seconds, you'll be caught up with the traffic anyways. It even feels good to get a smile and a wave.

No sound effects from the camera people when the Thai jumps on the car with two feet.

'Hey hey hey hey' when the foreigner simply opens the car door.

coffee1.gif

As for the taxi driver, just like so many Thai 'men'... pathetic, angry little specimens of ego wrapped up in a society that borders on the psychotic (Thai face)

coffee1.gif

If traffic is heavy and moving slowly, I'll often stop and let someone turn in front of me. Within 20 seconds, you'll be caught up with the traffic anyways. It even feels good to get a smile and a wave.

And to make the pick-up that's 1mm from your rear bumper even more irate and unstable. rolleyes.gif

Such a simple incident prompted this reaction? I know taxi drivers can sometimes get quite erate, but if anyone doesn't already know after spending just one day on Thailand's roads, it's dog eat dog here. Thai drivers take no prisoners and as a driver on Thailand's roads, neither do I. Cutting other drivers off is perfectly normal. I don't get upset by it because it happens to me nearly everyday. Similarly, I occasionally have to cut off other vehicles too. In this case, one driver went before the other. No one knows who should have gone first because there is nothing in Thai traffic law that covers this situation. Even if there was, it wouldn't matter because it's Thailand. There are no road rules here.

Standing in front of a car when the driver is clearly irate has to be one of most idiotic things i've seen in a while, then tops it off by putting his foot in front of the wheel when the driver wouldn't be able to see it. All over a minor traffic issue.

If you get out your car over such a small issue its clear you're looking for a fight and if you get a hiding its deserved.

Didn't you see the part where the taxi driver jumped on his bonnet/hood? If that hadn't occurred, surely the western driver wouldn't have exited his vehicle and stood in front of the taxi. I'm sure some members (perhaps you too?) would have had a much more violent reaction.

The taxi driver should have never made a big deal about nothing - this is Thailand after all. Road rules don't exist - drivers cutting each other off is normal. As long as there's no accident, it doesn't matter what you do.

For me it depends on who's bumper is protruding into traffic more, mine or the other guy's. Whoever is first wins. Simple as that. Normally on small sois like this one, it's not a big struggle though - on my own route, there are no such sois. I live inside a moo baan and once outside the moo baan I'm either on a quiet soi that eventually leads to a main road or if exiting through another exit, a big main road.

Such a simple incident prompted this reaction? I know taxi drivers can sometimes get quite erate, but if anyone doesn't already know after spending just one day on Thailand's roads, it's dog eat dog here. Thai drivers take no prisoners and as a driver on Thailand's roads, neither do I. Cutting other drivers off is perfectly normal. I don't get upset by it because it happens to me nearly everyday. Similarly, I occasionally have to cut off other vehicles too. In this case, one driver went before the other. No one knows who should have gone first because there is nothing in Thai traffic law that covers this situation. Even if there was, it wouldn't matter because it's Thailand. There are no road rules here.

This line of thinking makes no sense to me. If you value your own life and if not for the sake of your passengers, the more hostile the road environment is the more defensively you drive.

The sad thing is, if this happened in my home country I would be absolutely shocked.

Everybody would.

the driver would have his taxi license revoked for life, and likely face criminal charges. It would be national news.

Here it is just, oh, lucky the farang wasn't hacked up with a samurai sword like the American on sukhumvit.

coffee1.gif

the modern 21st century has just come too fast for their society and culture. Vehicles and roads came too fast for a society built on centuries of buffalo and carts and rice paddies. :(

This line of thinking makes no sense to me. If you value your own life and if not for the sake of your passengers, the more hostile the road environment is the more defensively you drive.

Actually no, you drive like every other Thai does (and I do) otherwise you could get yourself killed. This doesn't mean driving around like a hoon, it simply means driving like the other road users around you. The only things I would advise against are driving a moped against the flow of traffic (that's just stupid) and riding a scooter without a helmet on (again, stupid). Everything else is fine.

The sad thing is, if this happened in my home country I would be absolutely shocked.

Everybody would.

the driver would have his taxi license revoked for life, and likely face criminal charges. It would be national news.

Here it is just, oh, lucky the farang wasn't hacked up with a samurai sword like the American on sukhumvit.

coffee1.gif

the modern 21st century has just come too fast for their society and culture. Vehicles and roads came too fast for a society built on centuries of buffalo and carts and rice paddies. sad.png

That's just the reaction from other farangs. They are constantly going on about how Thai men are lunatics who would like nothing else but to hack up farangs and cook them up for dinner. While I recognize some Thai men (and women) have short fuses, it is simply ridiculous to suggest they are always in a mood to hack someone up on even the flimsiest of pretenses. I would actually say that in many western countries, road rage can turn violent more easily than here - I've seen plenty of angry drivers get upset about even only the slightest things, like not flooring it the second the lights turn green at an intersection. That has caused numerous angry abusive comments hurled in our direction in Australia. In Thailand, some drivers take like 20 seconds to move after the light turns green and Thais generally have no reaction - or at most only a quick beep of the horn after like 15 seconds. Violent road rage is actually quite rare, unless the person is on drugs, usually ya baa.