Traveling inside Thailand with a 6 yr old

sjabby

I'm planning on travelling with my 6 year old nephew this august with Thai Airways inside Thailand, what kind of ID papers is required at checkin and boarding for him?

His father will also be travelling with us.

To leave some countries like Australia you may need a stat dec from the mother that the child can travel. You may under some circumstances need that here especially when crossing borders. However you should not need it here if the father is the legal father and travelling.

Edited by harrry

My wife travels with my daughter frequently on domestic flights within thailand. Never have had to show any documents other than her own ID. But my daughter is under 2 years so we don't book a seat for her. Seeing as your nephew is 6, you'll need some sort from of identification in order to book a seat for him: i.e., a birth certificate, passport or etc should be fine. Theres never been a need for a letter of consent throughout my experiences.

Edited by dtrain5000

My wife's grandson, 3, often flies with us domestically. Has an authorization letter from his mom, including copy of her ID card. Never been a problem, accepted by all airlines.

Cheers..... Mal.

THe only problem I see is that you say he is travelling with his father. You do not say if this is biological or if he is recorded as the father by the court or if he was married to the mother at the time. If he has not been recognised as the legal father it is possible to have problems if he has there should be none but he may have to prove this.

We flew Thai Lion Air last week with a 5 year young girl (daughter of my gf's idiot brother we raise), we showed copy of her birth certificate and were told next time we would need to show the original. A form was filled in to state the birth certificate was a copy for gate security check.

On previous trips with Nok Air and Air Asia we just showed the birth certificate copy, maybe rules were thigtened?

Edited by tartempion