17 suspected aliens-owned companies in Phuket and Phang-nga raided

rooster59

17 suspected aliens-owned companies in Phuket and Phang-nga raided

post-247607-0-30719800-1466201626_thumb.

PHUKET: Seventeen tourism-related companies in Phuket and Phang-nga which were suspected of being owned by alien businessmen using Thais as their nominees have been raided by officials from Business Development and Revenue departments, army and tourist police.

Mr Saroj Suwatthikul, deputy director-general of Business Development Department, told the media on Friday that, during the raids, two Chinese businessmen were found to have obtained Thai ID cards under the names of Mr Veerachai Kampaiprapankul and Mr Kritchakorn Rungmongkolnam who operated tourism business in Phuket.

One of them, Mr Kritchakorn, has been arrested, said Mr Saroj.

In-depth investigation shows that the two Chinese were connected with the 17 tourism-related companies – 15 in Phuket and two in Phang-nga – under suspicion of actually being owned and run by alien businessmen.

Mr Saroj said that charges had been lodged against the two Chinese and a probe is under way about how they obtained their Thai ID cards in Chiang Rai.

He added that, initially, the department ordered a complete halt of all registration works of the 17 companies, for instances the registration of the change of board directors pending a probe whether the directors knew they were used as nominees of the aliens.

He went on saying the withdrawal of the operating licenses of the companies had to wait until the completion of the investigation into the setting up of the companies and their registrations.

Thai nationals who willingly help the aliens in operating businesses reserved for Thais by serving as their nominees face a jailterm of up to three years and/or a fine from 100,000 baht to one million baht.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/169220-2/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-06-18

One day, when the ice at the poles has melted away, Thailand will realise they have to accept competition. Until then they will continue to get bad press for over priced poor services. Yes it will be hard on Thai's but at some point they will have to come into line with the rest of the world.

One day, when the ice at the poles has melted away, Thailand will realise they have to accept competition. Until then they will continue to get bad press for over priced poor services. Yes it will be hard on Thai's but at some point they will have to come into line with the rest of the world.

Can somebody please tell me what these 'aliens' look like,so I know when I pass one in the streetclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Can somebody please tell me what these 'aliens' look like,so I know when I pass one in the streetclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Just take a look in the mirror....

It would appear that they're either very successful or into money laundering in a big way? Having a Chiang Rai connection could put them in cahoots with the gangs from Burma?? wink.pngwhistling.gifwai.gif

Some look like this from the 1950s.

post-5614-0-81199200-1466229460_thumb.jp post-5614-0-40340600-1466229475_thumb.jp

Never watched ET?

this will never stop. my girl owns 26% of my business my lawyer/accountant 25%. leaves me 49% in 9 years i have not had any problems but say they came to say my business was legal. how would they prove it? if they did close me down then there would be 4 less thais with jobs and my girl would have less income to support our 2 kids. ontop of that the lawyer/accountant would have one less customer and thailand would miss out on all the fees and taxes i pay.

i sometimes wonder if they make it illegal but sill possible to run a business just to go about extracting cash from us. really there is no other explanation.

Never watched ET?

I was thinking more like ALF maybe?

this will never stop. my girl owns 26% of my business my lawyer/accountant 25%. leaves me 49% in 9 years i have not had any problems but say they came to say my business was legal. how would they prove it? if they did close me down then there would be 4 less thais with jobs and my girl would have less income to support our 2 kids. ontop of that the lawyer/accountant would have one less customer and thailand would miss out on all the fees and taxes i pay.

i sometimes wonder if they make it illegal but sill possible to run a business just to go about extracting cash from us. really there is no other explanation.

I would just like someone to show me what law has been broken... no one ever states the that law.In fact if we look at "Foreign Business Act, B.E. 2542 (1999) there is no law broken.

It never ceases to amaze me NO media EVER asks this simple question.

The use of nominees is illegal...but tell that to probably 90% of ALL businesses here Thai or farang. Also why do people think the powers that be want things fair? It's to keep the status quo - the poor poor and the rich richer...

Pathetic

Why dont they same put the same accuracy/effort when they pretend to raid a go go bar or massage parlor -> because they get bribed

Corruption is so ugly when its so obvious.

This is the main thing which discourage me to immigrate in LOS