Cabbie seen jumping on a car’s bonnet faces withdrawal of driving license

rooster59

Cabbie seen jumping on a car’s bonnet faces withdrawal of driving license

post-247607-0-80826200-1466202032_thumb.

BANGKOK: The owner of a taxi faces a fine of 1,000 baht and his driver will have his driving license withdrawn following an incident in which the driver was seen in a widely-circulated video clip making a flying jump on the bonnet of a private car.

The incident took place in Soi Onnuj 30. The taxi driver who was later identified as Mr Komsant sae Jao, was reported to get into the soi and his car encroached on the opposite lane while the private car driven by a foreigner was exiting the soi.

The foreigner refused to give way to the cabbie because he was in the right lane, prompting a heated argument between the two. Then the angry cabbie kicked at the foreigner’s car and was seen in a video jumping on the car’s bonnet.

The Land Transport Department said today that he managed to identify the taxi driver and the car owner, Voluntary Taxi Cooperatives. An official of the department said that the cabbie, Mr Komsant sae Jao, did not have previous record of violence.

The official, however, said that the car owner had violated the law regulating taxi drivers for not submitting Mr Komsant’s background to the department as legally required.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/cabbie-seen-jumping-cars-bonnet-faces-withdrawal-driving-license/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-06-18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFIBdeIdvSE

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to be a single lane road and one of them, either the taxi or the car, could have reversed a little bit to let the other car pass through. Looks like both had big ego problems. The foreigner was foolish as it could have easily led to violence.

Don't see what the problem is...seems to be plenty of room for both (small) cars. With all the narrow sois and double parked cars in Thailand, the first thing one learns when using a car in Thailand is "cooperative driving."

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Above posters the Taxi wanted to turn right but the Falangs car blocked his path, I have had this happen many times here the Thais are very inconsiderate, I would hazard a guess he saw it was a falang and lost the plot.

He should be banned for a very long time there is just no excuse to behave that way.

Saw the driver on TV being interviewed last night I asked my wife what he was saying, she said he is Blaming the Falang rather than taking responsibility for his own actions

Seems to be a single lane road and one of them, either the taxi or the car, could have reversed a little bit to let the other car pass through. Looks like both had big ego problems. The foreigner was foolish as it could have easily led to violence.

There is defiantly a yellow line in the middle of the road, the white car is within the white line the taxi isn't, cars are passing the white car on the left, and the white car would find it hard to back up, Mexican stand off, the taxi driver thinks he has the right of way and the time he spent verbally abusing the other driver they could have both moved out of each others way.

Also, we are always told that we should not loose our temper with Thais, as it is part of their culture, but as we have seen many times it appears to be an acceptable part of their culture to get upset with furang's.

The Taxi driver jumped on the white car knowing well that he would get a slap on the wrist for it and will be driving taxi's next week with a fake taxi ID.

Amazing Thailand.

Huh ? Tosser.

You block the taxis way and he has the right to smash up your car ?

We don't know what happened before the cabbie started kicking and jumping, but after the even he played it pretty calm.

Even the Thais were cool, the taxi that started to get involved was told to keep out by the camera man.

...don't hold your breath....

...don't even expect the insurance to cover 'the farang'....

...give us a 'name'...or a 'label'....we are no longer human....with next to zero rights...

...shut up and pay and pay and pay....get abused at every turn....even murdered.....even by your own wife no less.....

Above posters the Taxi wanted to turn right but the Falangs car blocked his path, I have had this happen many times here the Thais are very inconsiderate, I would hazard a guess he saw it was a falang and lost the plot.

He should be banned for a very long time there is just no excuse to behave that way.

Saw the driver on TV being interviewed last night I asked my wife what he was saying, she said he is Blaming the Falang rather than taking responsibility for his own actions

looks like the cockroaches (read that as cowards) were gathering around to attack the falang in case the fighting started! happens everytime!

On TNN they said the taxi driver didn't know the white car was driven by a 'foreigner'. So it's just road rage and built-in must-win-at-all-cost-I-never-wrong-mentality and not hate for foreigners.

The driver of the white car should go back to Nanny land. What a tosser...

Shame the locals didn't stick him.

So what would you have done in that situation?

A polite wai, and apologise for being on the correct side of the road?

There doesn't look as if they couldn't get past each other. Was it a case of "I'm a taxi driver and can do as I like" or was it the foreigner who deliberately blocked him? The real view is not apparent from the photo unfortunately.

So what would you have done in that situation?

A polite wai, and apologise for being on the correct side of the road?

One can see the black car have plenty of room to overtake the falang's white car, on his left, right?

So why on earth this tosser (yes) stubbornly refuses to go that way from the very beginning?

post-154100-0-99462100-1466218301_thumb.

Ok next time I will jump on your car and kick your car because you drive properly and I don't ! It's your post which is totally foolish !

The foreigner was foolish as it could have easily led to violence...he stupid this foreigner ..he could get out there and avoid get killed..i must say you in foreign land and the risk is greater then back home. Thais can come up with knives or guns and that is it...you dead for what ???

The big guy driving the white car certainly appeared to keep his cool and should be congratulated for that. I suspect his size and perhaps the lack of support from the locals at the scene prevented him from personal violence coming from the Taxi Driver. Well done Big Guy.

Sometimes you just have to stand up for yourself. People, both farang and Thai will walk all over you if you let them!

Well stand up for yourself in Thailand ..you joke. Thais have different mentality for behave and you days can be counted if you argument with a Thai and they will bring many supporters. There is a limit and common sense you can stand up and not take it home

Very, very childish behaviour from both of them.

The white guy should have been wiser.

oh really ? who is wrong here ? Are you one of those fcukups who prefer to close their eyes to wrongs committed, this is what fcuks up the world today in many other ways...if this happened in yr country, the police would deal with it fair and square, not based in nationality or colour.

Reading a lot of commentaries that the driver of the white car should have done this , should'nt have done that etc but anyone with half a brain would have seen that he behaved in a real cool way - didn't let his emotions get control of him and stood up to his rights like any real man would. The taxi driver was entirely at fault and lost it and behaved like a spoilt child who had been proved wrong. Any driver like this should be taken off the road before he does some real damage to someone. Congrats to the driver of the white car for his exemplary behaviour!

You can see the Thai's were hovering about waiting for it to kick off!.. And the Farang would of been the target whether he was right or wrong!

Another BS post, that has been "liked" because it reflects the usual TV stereotyping of Thais.

Almost all of the Thais simply took a quick look and carried on with their own business.

And if you managed to get to the five minute mark you will see Thais trying to prevent an escalation into violence. Exactly the opposite of what you were hoping for to vindicate your bigotry.