Interior Ministry officials urged to promote good values among youth

webfact

Interior Ministry officials urged to promote good values among youth

om.jpg

BANGKOK, 20 June 2016 (NNT) – The Ministry of Interior is urging its officials to promote good values among children and the youth through the establishment of provincial education committees chaired by governors.

The Ministry of Interior’s Permanent-Secretary Grisada Boonrach has stressed the objective of the provincial education committees establishment is to push forward education reform, with the committees to be chaired by the provincial governors and sat by delegates from the government sector, private sector, and the general public.

The committee will be responsible for managing education guidelines and to provide support for education at all levels, cooperate and promote education management by local authorities, and to approve the education development plans of each province.

The Ministry of Interior is planning to appoint provincial education committees to promote discipline enhancement and Thai values among students, as well as teaching the sufficiency economy philosophy from the agriculture for school lunch campaign of Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn in order to encourage a good way of life for children and the youth.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-06-20 footer_n.gif

Who is going to promote good values among officials ?

There's no leadership standard from the top with an amnesty, an instruction not to question the wealth of certain people and seeing it as perfectly acceptable to give jobs to family members suitability and qualifications notwithstanding and so on.

Don't do as we do just do as we say.

"...The Ministry of Interior is planning to appoint provincial education committees to promote discipline enhancement...!

post-209291-0-82522600-1466382749_thumb.

As if there is not already enough junta-style discipline frustrating this country already, they now want to "enhance" it,

"The Ministry of Interior is planning to appoint provincial education committees to promote discipline enhancement and Thai values among students, as well as teaching the sufficiency economy philosophy from the agriculture for school lunch campaign of Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn in order to encourage a good way of life for children and the youth."

Oh dear. All becomes clear now about the sudden push of sufficiency economy.

I have no further comment to make - what Dumpy and Grumpy are trying to do just became very clear. There'll likely be a lot more of this to follow, and I imagine that has not gone un-noticed in other camps.

One more step being taken on the road to armed conflict in Thailand as we speak, and surprise, surprise, it's being taken by the junta. Suddenly, the rationale for the coup, although hinted at for a while, has suddenly broken cover and is now obvious.

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

seems to be to have good values in thailand you need to be poor. materialism is really the religion in this country as shown by the activities of many of the monks. now i dont want to sound negative and i believe many thais do have good values, these are the vast majority who also happen to be poor.

Repeat after me...you will have good values.

So the Ministry of the Interior is involved in education reform. Interesting.

Everyone here seems to love doing someone else's job, and/or gabbing about it.

Edited by mtls2005

Yet another laughable example of a military-led junta treating the general populace like a bunch of squaddies. What on earth can they mean, one wonders, by "enhanced" discipline? Could it be they are taking a lead from their US equivalents, who described waterboarding as "enhanced" interrogation rather than what it really is: torture.

And where is the involvement of parents in this bureaucratic push to turn young millions of young Thai sinners into saints? Not a mention of the responsibility Mum and Dad have for their violent, drunken, drugged-out offspring.

It's all going to end in tears.

First, create a Thai word for 'Integrity'.

Then, promote this value top down.

Also required is a resolve for people at the top to stop being hypocrits.

What is there to look up to currently? Duplicity, corruption, lies and deception - all these are typical of those at the top in

Thailand.

So what values is this guy talking about? Thailand is a 'top down' system - people look up to and take direction from those on a higher plane.

Until those on that higher plane show examples of the values this bloke is talking about then nothing will change.

"The Ministry of Interior is planning to appoint provincial education committees to promote discipline enhancement and Thai values among students, as well as teaching the sufficiency economy philosophy from the agriculture for school lunch campaign of Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn in order to encourage a good way of life for children and the youth."

Oh dear. All becomes clear now about the sudden push of sufficiency economy.

I have no further comment to make - what Dumpy and Grumpy are trying to do just became very clear. There'll likely be a lot more of this to follow, and I imagine that has not gone un-noticed in other camps.

One more step being taken on the road to armed conflict in Thailand as we speak, and surprise, surprise, it's being taken by the junta. Suddenly, the rationale for the coup, although hinted at for a while, has suddenly broken cover and is now obvious.

Winnie

I usually enjoy your posts which make much sense to me but you've lost me this time, Winnie.

What kind of armed conflict are you talking about? a civil war or a war against one of their neighbors? (presumably Cambodia?)

And how does this relate to these education committees and the policy to use local farm product in school canteens? Please explain.