Fourteen year old English/Thai girl's death - family complain about lack of progress

snoop1130

Fourteen year old English/Thai girl's death - family complain about lack of progress

s1a.jpg
Image: Tnamcot

BANGKOK:-- The British and Thai family of a 14 year old girl who fell from the 40th floor of a Bangkok condo nearly a year ago have complained about inconsistences and lack of progress in the investigation of their daughter's death.

They have called on a fresh team to investigate or have the case taken out of the hands of the local police.

Mr Kevin Johns, a member of the news team at the Bangkok Post newspaper, who is British, and his wife Methinee Johns made the complaint to the crime suppression division police in Bangkok on Monday.

Their daughter fell from the fortieth floor of a well known Sathorn condo on June 28th last year. The condo belonged to a friend of the girl. An autopsy showed that their daughter had a very high alcohol level in her blood.

Methinee said that they were making the complaint after problems in the investigation and following a lack of progress. She said that the witness statements are full of inconsistences. She said that the autopsy took all of four months to report and the alcohol level of 234 milligrams would have made it highly unlikely that their daughter would have been able to get to the balcony unaided.

The other people in the condo at the time have said they were all sleeping and knew nothing about it at all.

"It is almost a year," she said and there has been no progress." The family and their lawyer have prepared a report calling for justice from the national police bureau. They want a change in the investigative team or for the case to be handed over to the crime suppression division. The case has been investigated by officers connected to the Thungmahamek station in whose jurisdiction the death occurred.

Receiving the report Thanawat Leepong said that it would be passed on to Thiungmahamek police for consideration as all concerned decide how to proceed in the case.

Source: tnamcot : http://www.tnamcot.com/content/495274

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-20

Sad Sad Sad

But the family are ****ing in the wind.

May be not. if more and more cases of incompetence or police corruption become public - something might change over time.

Social media are very powerful. And the corrupt cannot do much against it.

Edited by sweatalot

Sad Sad Sad

May be not. if more and more cases of incompetence or police corruption become public - something might change over time.

At this point, even that is wishful thinking unfortunately. They feel no embarrassment or pressure.

Sad Sad Sad

Which explains why the government is working so hard to crack down on internet use (single gateway, computer act, clicking like = crime, etc).

Since "they" are frantically working on laws and a digital system to make all complaints, inquiries into any official matters illegal, we all can bury the hope that the concerns or questions of the common man in this country will be taken seriously from now on, letting alone that police would be motivated to do some actual investigative police work. The Muppet Show is a joke compared to what's going on here at the moment.

All this said, I fear the family of the girl will never find out what really happened. :(

Sad Sad Sad

Hell, yes they can - and working on it 24/7. Kiss internet freedom goodbye!

She was drunk, who gave her the booze which would place any adult in the condo responsible. Did they check DNA for sexual activities? Thai's partying with a 14year old girl more to the story.

I watch day after day 12-16 year old kids (boys and girls), at the neighborhood shop sitting there drinking beer and wine and smoking cigs bought by them and then ride off on their motorbikes.

Their behavior will never change unless the adults take control but will never happen. But 5 years for a E CIG? Insane country.

Sadly, I think they are wasting their time. Tragic but these things do happen when youngsters abuse alcohol.

You are correct....these things do indeed happen, but that is not what the families are complaining about,

"have complained about inconsistences and lack of progress in the investigation of their daughter's death".

Instead of blaming the RTP the parents should look at themselves.

They are responsible for their 14 year old daughter, not the police.

seems the parents have allowed their 14 year old daughter to be somewhere unsupervised with alcohol. sure they are paying a high price for their mistake, i would never recover if this happened to one of my kids. could also argue the thailand as a whole is at fault for not paying the police properly to do their job. either way i dont blame the parents for at least wanting some answers and maybe a tiny bit of closure.

But the Police ARE responsible to make a thorough investigation.

Unfortunately, money is #1 here and they couldn't give a toss if there's nothing in it for them.

I know of some hotel guests here that had 3 credit cards stolen and the scumbags ran up 300,000 baht in a few days.

The BIB wanted 30k to arrest the culprits and help get the money back.

Yes as others have said RIP young lady, but i do like the name "crime suppression division" very fitting in the land of many suppressed crimes, and as for finding out what actually happened to their daughter they have no hope sadly!

the alcohol level of 234 milligrams would have made it highly unlikely that their daughter would have been able to get to the balcony unaided.

Probable but not highly unlikely.

234mg/dL equals 0.23% BAC1

0.20 BAC - Feeling dazed/confused or otherwise disoriented. May need help to stand/walk. Blackouts are likely at this level so you may not remember what has happened.

0.25 BAC - All mental, physical and sensory functions are severely impaired. Increased risk of asphyxiation from choking on vomit and of seriously injuring yourself by falls or other accidents.

0.30 BAC: STUPOR. You may pass out suddenly.

1 http://www.trafficticketusa.com/duidwi/effects-of-alcohol-at-specific-blood-alcohol-levels-bac/

Absolutely sickening Jai dam b/s.

Parents cannot keep their eyes on a 14 year old all the time. If your kid cannot be safe in a well-known Sathorn condo (which will be very expensive) where can they be safe?

This is much more likely the root of the nothing happening problem, the owners of the condo have Big Money, so the police will not press this case hard.

How a 14 year old girl came to have such high levels of Alcohol in her system is at the crux of the matter; but sad to say is inevitable that nobody who was there will take even the smallest shred of responsibility for her death.

I dont say that anybody should be responsible, except that somebody should know better than to allow a 14 year old to drink that much alcohol.............. Although in reality, it is much more likely somebody feed it to her.

It could have been a genuine accident, but the circumstances point otherwise and a 14 year old deserves to have a proper, thorough investigation.

RIP for this poor child.

Here is a link for some refreshing for folks who did not read the article from last year

https://www.stickboybangkok.com/news/troubled-british-thai-teen-jumps-to-death-in-sathorn/

She was sleeping over at a friends house. Her father said she had psychiatric problems.

Teens nowadays will abuse alcohol, if she had alcohol in her....its very likely she secretly drank in the room with her friends prior to her death.

It is very common for kids to drink and smoke nowadays...a parent can only do so much to supervise until they go to sleep....growing up here, its very common for kids to sneak out at night to go party as well. She was 14 so probably a freshmen in highschool, prime age for kids to start drinking.

Absolutely sickening Jai dam b/s.

Parents cannot keep their eyes on a 14 year old all the time. If your kid cannot be safe in a well-known Sathorn condo (which will be very expensive) where can they be safe?

This is much more likely the root of the nothing happening problem, the owners of the condo have Big Money, so the police will not press this case hard.

How a 14 year old girl came to have such high levels of Alcohol in her system is at the crux of the matter; but sad to say is inevitable that nobody who was there will take even the smallest shred of responsibility for her death.

I dont say that anybody should be responsible, except that somebody should know better than to allow a 14 year old to drink that much alcohol.............. Although in reality, it is much more likely somebody feed it to her.

It could have been a genuine accident, but the circumstances point otherwise and a 14 year old deserves to have a proper, thorough investigation.

RIP for this poor child.

I can't speak on behalf of Roomuck but what I take away from the quoted post is not to let your kids hang out with the bad apples in the first place. The condo obviously belonged to someone of influence/wealth, and more often than the middle class, offspring of those wealthy individuals are spoilt and unsupervised.

I lost a 14 y/o daughter in Australia, I know the pain involved as a parent and we cannot watch them 24/7. My daughter went to the movies with a friend and had something put in her soft drink by a druggie, she was then raped and thrown from a train, the worst part is that the druggie was also a police informant and they covered for him, all the evidence mysteriously disappeared to stop any conviction so there are crooked cops everywhere. The biggest problem in this case is where did the alcohol come from and were the adults that lived there aware of it, a 14 y/o cannot buy it by themselves so there had to be someone older to do the buying/supplying, they are the ones that the police should be chasing, the truth needs to come out even if it is not what the parents want to hear. At least I was able to get closure eventually, these parents deserve the same thing

Edited by seajae

I lost a 14 y/o daughter in Australia, I know the pain involved as a parent and we cannot watch them 24/7. My daughter went to the movies with a friend and had something put in her soft drink by a druggie, she was then raped and thrown from a train, the worst part is that the druggie was also a police informant and they covered for him, all the evidence mysteriously disappeared to stop any conviction so there are crooked cops everywhere. The biggest problem in this case is where did the alcohol come from and were the adults that lived there aware of it, a 14 y/o cannot buy it by themselves so there had to be someone older to do the buying/supplying, they are the ones that the police should be chasing, the truth needs to come out even if it is not what the parents want to hear. At least I was able to get closure eventually, these parents deserve the same thing

? Sorry for your loss.