Heavy rain and flooding bring chaos to Bangkok

webfact

They have it from the Thai Meteorolical department TMD. Both 20 and 21 June had Bangkok stations with way more than 100 mm per day.

http://www.tmd.go.th/programs/uploads/ReportsGenMetnet/RainAmphor/RainAmphorNational-en.pdf

maybe you want to read the headline mentioning the 200 mm again:

"Bangkok lashed with 200mm of rains in the past 24 hours"

It does not say within the last two or three days, it's says in the past 24 hours...

also in your link the 200 mm are nowhere to be seen...

Edited by zappalot

They have it from the Thai Meteorolical department TMD. Both 20 and 21 June had Bangkok stations with way more than 100 mm per day.

http://www.tmd.go.th/programs/uploads/ReportsGenMetnet/RainAmphor/RainAmphorNational-en.pdf

maybe you want to read the headline mentioning the 200 mm again:

"Bangkok lashed with 200mm of rains in the past 24 hours"

It does not say within the last two or three days, it's says in the past 24 hours...

also in your link the 200 mm are nowhere to be seen...

I think I can explain. Rain in the previous 24 hours is measured at 7 AM. The first heavy rain was on 21 June from 1 to 4 AM. This counts for 20 June rainfall. The official 21 June rainfall was measured today at 7 AM. But I am not sure; I don't know what time the rain fell that was measured today. We can be certain that over 200 mm fell within 30 hours, though.

Good. Why not do that every morning?

Maybe because it's hot and not comfortable?rolleyes.gif

I do not see any problems without the car moving well(with comfort) in Singapore or Hong Kong.

But Bangkok is extremely not comfortable..

Would it be a cunning stunt to supply AC for public transit? Gee, that wouldn't encourage ridership would it?

Then need supply new bus etc;)

But I not think its happened in futer. So people who like comfort and can afford car prefer car.