DTAC clarifies Boonchai has nothing to do with the company’s management

webfact

DTAC clarifies Boonchai has nothing to do with the company’s management

2106007-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Total Access Communications Plc or DTAC today (Tuesday) issued a statement from its CEO, Mr Lars-Ake Noring, assuring that the company will provide the best services to its customers without bias, political or religious preference and will not get involved with any individual’s faith.

In the statement, Mr Noring clarified that Mr Boonchai Bencharongkul, the board chairman and one of the 12 board members, has nothing to do with the management of the company nor with the financial affairs of the company which are the responsibility of the CEO and the management under the board’s supervision.

The statement was in response to negative public reactions against DTAC after Mr Boonchai appeared on the television of Wat Dhamkakaya last week urging the temple’s followers go show up en masse at the temple to “practice dhamma” to dispel the bad things surrounding their embattled abbot, Phra Dhammachayo.

Some of the critics posted messages in the social media urging netizens to stop using DTAC service and to switch to the other service providers.

Mr Noring said in the statement that DTAC is a public company and, hence, any invidual can buy the company’shares in the stock market. He disclosed that, currently, there are 52,800 shareholders who own DTAC shares.

He reiterated that the company has no policy to give financial support or other forms of support specially to any groups of people. “Our policy is that we donate money or other materials for charities for social benefits and every donation is vetted by my working group,” he said.

He also assured that DTAC would provide the best services to its customers without bias, political or religious preference.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/169579-2/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-06-22

I bet the other 52,800 shareholders aren't the chairman of the board.

The principal role of the Chairman of the Board is to manage and to provide leadership to the Board of Directors of the Company. The Chairman is accountable to the Board and acts as a direct liaison between the Board and the management of the Company, through the Chief Executive Officer.

What a flat out lie.

I'll be changing my service provider today, not because Boonchai is on television, but because the CEO is full of shit with that statement.

Edited by Rayk

The spokesman added: " anyway, don't worry, fairly soon they will go after him, his assets will be seized, and the shares will be distributed amongst some really rather good people."

''In the statement, Mr Noring clarified that Mr Boonchai Bencharongkul, the board chairman and one of the 12 board members, has nothing to do with the management of the company nor with the financial affairs of the company which are the responsibility of the CEO and the management under the board’s supervision.''

Yeah, right...

The principal role of the Chairman of the Board is to manage and to provide leadership to the Board of Directors of the Company. The Chairman is accountable to the Board and acts as a direct liaison between the Board and the management of the Company, through the Chief Executive Officer.

What a flat out lie.

I'll be changing my service provider today, not because Boonchai is on television, but because the CEO is full of shit with that statement.

have to agree, this man represents the company at the highest level, the only option and corrective action would and should be to sack him urgently instead of trying to distance themselves, hard to work out who is more irresponsible here, in fact all three of them should be sacked.

What a flat out lie.

The principle role of the board is to control the management of the company.

What a flat out lie.

have to agree, this man represents the company at the highest level, the only option and corrective action would and should be to sack him urgently instead of trying to distance themselves, hard to work out who is more irresponsible here, in fact all three of them should be sacked.

That would be up to the share holders.

The Chairman has nothing to do with managing the company- that's reassuring isn't it!

Actually, that's very common. Many Chairpersons are not executive Directors. The responsibility for carrying out company policies lies with the MD. The Chair often has influence but limited power.

W

The Chairman has nothing to do with managing the company- that's reassuring isn't it!

Actually, that's very common. Many Chairpersons are not executive Directors. The responsibility for carrying out company policies lies with the MD. The Chair often has influence but limited power.

W

Still a lot more than NOTHING :unsure:

If asking fellow buddhists to practice dhamma at temples is an offense then the army should close down all the mosques in thailand....these are used to call their faithfuls to prayer everyday.. over the loudspeakers...

Edited by chuang

W

Still a lot more than NOTHING unsure.png

Nope. Usually the Chair has no responsibility for day-to-day running of the company. His role is to manage the board of directors. Influence but no power.

W

W

Nope. Usually the Chair has no responsibility for day-to-day running of the company. His role is to manage the board of directors. Influence but no power.

W

I guess we have different definitions of ''nothing''. If I influence how my daughter behaves in class but don't specifically tell her what to do, I would not say that I have nothing to do with how she acts ;) Edited by SABloke

W

W

I guess we have different definitions of ''nothing''. If I influence how my daughter behaves in class but don't specifically tell her what to do, I would not say that I have nothing to do with how she acts wink.png

Sure, but as the CEO said in the article, the Chairman generally has no responsibility for the day-to-day management of the company. Influence but no power. You wouldn't want to give him any cheek, but he can't sack you. Directly.

W