Is it possible/OK to have cigarettes shipped from USA to Thailand?

ChiangRai Charlie

p.s. WWand, please let me know if you have any luck with the Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company (American Spirits)...I mean, regarding procuring complimentary sample cartons. Thanks!

Definitely.

And, by the time I hear back from them, I am hoping I have quit.

I can never smoke just one or 2, unless it is one or two packages.

I have 50 cigars shipped to me by USPS (with tracking) every few months. The US company I order from sends them in a small carton (box) and puts a "nominal" value on the customs form. Never have had to pay any duty, so far. Been doing this a few years now.

If you click on the link you will see that cigars can be sent legally internationally from the USA but cigarettes are not allowed to be shipped internationally by the Post Office.

https://www.usps.com/ship/shipping-restrictions.htm

Thanks for the link. Lucky for me that cigars are allowed and I don't smoke cigarettes.smile.png

"cigars are allowed"... are you both really that naïve? ohmy.png

The following accompanying goods can be brought into Thailand in amounts not exceeding that which is here stated: cigarettes, or 250 grams of cigars and tobacco.

http://www.guidetothailand.com/thailand-travel-information/customs-info.php

Naam. Must be naive. I have no clue what you are on about. We are talking about shipping via USPS not hand carry.

Either naive or a nonsmoker.

I have often been Wondering, how some can smoke just one, and then leave it at that.

Huh? I smoke one cigar most every day. Never smoked cigarettes, so don't know about that.

Naam. Must be naive. I have no clue what you are on about. We are talking about shipping via USPS not hand carry.

I have often been Wondering, how some can smoke just one, and then leave it at that.

Huh? I smoke one cigar most every day. Never smoked cigarettes, so don't know about that.

Then you are NOT naive.

There is no pleasure in my smoking cigarettes.

But there is pleasure in Cuban cigars.

Why not send Cubans directly from the source, and not Tranship through USA?

I love "cubans", but not good for my budget. I smoke cheap Parodi cigars made in Scranton, Pa.

I'm from Philly.

And people there smoke Phillies.

I have never been to Scranton.

It was always considered to be some place rather drab.

I suggest Jamaican, as a happy medium.

I did smoke cigs from age 15 to 30, then quit. But first i quit 100 times prior, so i know it ain't easy.

I just now finished reading a book entitled 'The Emperor of Maladies' a biography of cancer. Highly recommended, and highly praised by numerous critics and medical societies. One of great controversies of the mid 1900s was the role of the tobacco industry strongly fighting the notion that cigs cause cancer. But eventually even their internal documents told how those companies lied, lied and lied, all the while as smokers died.

And i suppose if one can't quit, grow your own. Tobacco seeds are as tiny as dust motes so they will never be a problem for importation. Grow the leaf, dry it, chop it, pop it into a hookah and puff away. When i lived in a primitive place I did roll coarse molasses soaked leaves, dried over an open fire, in old newspaper. Cough, cough. But each was more than a foot long, so one cig a day was enough.

I did smoke cigs from age 15 to 30, then quit. But first i quit 100 times prior, so i know it ain't easy.

I just now finished reading a book entitled 'The Emperor of Maladies' a biography of cancer. Highly recommended, and highly praised by numerous critics and medical societies. One of great controversies of the mid 1900s was the role of the tobacco industry strongly fighting the notion that cigs cause cancer. But eventually even their internal documents told how those companies lied, lied and lied, all the while as smokers died.

And i suppose if one can't quit, grow your own. Tobacco seeds are as tiny as dust motes so they will never be a problem for importation. Grow the leaf, dry it, chop it, pop it into a hookah and puff away. When i lived in a primitive place I did roll coarse molasses soaked leaves, dried over an open fire, in old newspaper. Cough, cough. But each was more than a foot long, so one cig a day was enough.

I like your style.

I was going to report that I have seen tobacco growing here.

Also, yes I have read about the dirty deeds of the American Tobacco industry, and the ways this same strategy is working well for Big oil and King coal in the USA, as these giants attempt to spread FUD to anyone willing to listen...

A foot long you say, but I Wonder if you might be engaging in a bit of playful hyperbole.

Then you are NOT naive.

There is no pleasure in my smoking cigarettes.

But there is pleasure in Cuban cigars.

Why not send Cubans directly from the source, and not Tranship through USA?

more (wonderous?) naïveté! gigglem.gif

you are cheating Thai customs. if found out... good luck!

Nonsense

Nonsense

what part of

"not exceeding that which is here stated: cigarettes, or 250 grams of cigars and tobacco."

is it you don't understand? huh.png

i just weighed one of my "Cohibas Magicos" on a gold weighing scale. result: 11.31 grams (humidor humidity @ 71%).

Its illegal, and so is any advice on breaking the law given from people on this website, as it's classed "aiding and abetting". Also asking others, such as members of this website for advice on how to break the law is illegal. I'm just letting you know these things, but in the end it up to you what you do. Please don't shoot the messenger.

Its illegal, and so is any advice on breaking the law given from people on this website, as it's classed "aiding and abetting". Also asking others, such as members of this website for advice on how to break the law is illegal. I'm just letting you know these things, but in the end it up to you what you do. Please don't shoot the messenger.

nonsense

Nonsense

what part of

"not exceeding that which is here stated: cigarettes, or 250 grams of cigars and tobacco."

is it you don't understand? huh.png

i just weighed one of my "Cohibas Magicos" on a gold weighing scale. result: 11.31 grams (humidor humidity @ 71%).

This value is, of course, meaningless if you do not also report the error of uncertainty in your measurement.

Tareyton smokers "would rather fight than switch"

The Marlboro Man was handsome and invincible.

If Superman had been a smoker, he could have smoked Gold Flake. Maybe Clark Kent could have smoked Kents.

I don't think the tobacco companies ever enlisted Nasa Astronauts to endorse their products. However, that was probably due to the fire on the launchpad.

But even if duty free cigs were purchased in HK and hand carried to CM, the Thai laws on permissible limits still applies.

IMO, the OP ought to wean himself off of the 'one brand best' syndrome. Let him learn to accept ordinary cigs as found in every corner shop in T'land. Won't save his lungs but will save him money and headache.

It's very good to get the tip about the duty-free American Spirits in Hong Kong. Perhaps some time I'll fly there to renew my visa. I only need one carton That will last me three months.

Jobin, your thoughts are welcome but no-can-do any such switcharoo. These "ordinary cigarettes" available here compared to American Spirits are, to me, hideous-tasting, and your reg'lar ol' marlboros or camels don't pleasure my palate any either. It be like telling a pro fisherman to settle for using a drop line of kite string, although I'm sure there's a better analogy out there...cheapest TV dinner versus five-star restaurant meal? Something like that

Just for the permanent Internet record, i'll add that I found a lead stating that there is one shop in Pai that sells American spirits. But don't know if that's verifiable and true. Will look into it more. Anyone offhand know of a Pai community board online?

Edited by ChiangRai Charlie