Rainsy told ‘go to jail’ at US meeting with supporters

geovalin

Opposition leader Sam Rainsy was publicly accused of cowardice this week during a meeting with supporters in the United States, with one man slamming the CNRP president for lacking bravery in his decision to flee Cambodia for self-exile in Europe.

The stinging criticism – which Rainsy tried to deflect with well-trodden lines about Vietnamese influence in Cambodia – came at a Monday event in Lowell, Massachusetts, a video of which was uploaded to the CNRP president’s Facebook yesterday.

Taking the microphone at a lectern while Rainsy and the crowd watched on, one supporter bluntly accused the CNRP president of being “afraid of imprisonment”.

read more http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/rainsy-told-go-jail-us-meeting-supporters

To put this in context, Rainsy has survived at least one very public assassination attempt (in which his bodyguard was killed). Consistently challenging Hun Sen over a period of more than 20 years, he can hardly be called a coward.

To put this in proper context, Brave Sir Robin has managed to am-scrae every single time the poop hits the fan, always with a different excuse each time. Meanwhile, his number two is on the lam INSIDE the country and number three is the only one in the party's leadership with balls - ironic because she's female. Note how the one time she stood up to Hun Sen and went to prison she both gained enormous sympathy for the CNRP AND eventually Hun Sen backed down having been given one of the few political beatings he's taken in the last forty years.

But yes, Brave Sir Robin is no coward!

Bravely bold Sir Robin
Rode forth from Cambodia
He was not afraid to die

Oh, brave Sir Robin
He was not at all afraid
To be killed in nasty ways
Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Robin

He was not in the least bit scared
To be mashed into a pulp
Or to have his eyes gouged out
And his elbows broken
To have his kneecaps split
And his body burned away
And his limbs all hacked and mangled
Brave Sir Robin

His head smashed in
And his heart cut out
And his liver removed
And his bowels unplugged
And his nostrils raped
And his bottom burnt off
And his penis split and his...

"That's... that's enough music for now, lads."

Brave Sir Robin ran away
(No!)
Bravely ran away away
(I didn't!)
When danger reared its ugly head
He bravely turned his tail and fled
(No!)
Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about
(I didn't!)
And gallantly he chickened out

Bravely taking to his feet
(I never did!)
He beat a very brave retreat
(All lies!)
Bravest of the brave, Sir Robin!
(I never!)

To put this in context, Rainsy has survived at least one very public assassination attempt (in which his bodyguard was killed). Consistently challenging Hun Sen over a period of more than 20 years, he can hardly be called a coward.

Two attempts that I know of.

The one you refer to, where a grenade was lobbed right at him and he ewas saved only because his bodyguard jumped in between (killing body guard)

and the time - also in the late 1990's -- he was forcibly taken into the Ministry of the Interior and saved only be intervention of several foreign embassies. (This was around the same time a Minister belonging ot the opposition had been executed at MOI).