Doing 90 day reporting in a different location

I do my 90 day reporting in Phuket but will be on Koh Phangan when the next one comes due on 20th August - I am there already and intend to stay for about three months.

I will obviously have a go at on-line reporting, but have two questions arising from this: should I use my rental address in Phuket (I will be returning there at the end of my time here), or should I use the address on Koh Phangan?

Secondly, if the on-line reporting doesn't work, where should I go to do it in person?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

You need to use the same address when you do online reporting as the one you used for your previous report.

You next option would be to do a mail in report to Phuket. Be sure you use your Phuket address on the return envelope.

The only way to make a report at a different office is to formally change your address to one that is within that offices area of responsibility.

do it by post

I tried that last time and it didn't work, so I had to go in person! It was possible that I had done it too early and that is why they didn't do it but I also don't get mail delivered to my house for some reason, so don't know if they did it or not!

You need to use the same address when you do online reporting as the one you used for your previous report.

You next option would be to do a mail in report to Phuket. Be sure you use your Phuket address on the return envelope.

The only way to make a report at a different office is to formally change your address to one that is within that offices area of responsibility.

Thanks for this. Hopefully the on-line method will be successful, otherwise I will have to take a flight back!

(I mentioned elsewhere that my last postal report had not been successful so I cannot trust that method)

what reason ??

There is no way of knowing; I have a postbox and live on a nice little street, full of identical houses, in the middle of Nai Harn, but I know for a fact that three things have been sent to me and have not arrived. I have received stuff for other people, on the same street, and have re-delivered them but realise that many people would not bother to do that.

In the past when I have been away on holiday to Pattaya, from Isan where I live, I have been able to do mine at Jomtien Imm' office by showing them the business card of the hotel where I am staying without any problems.

The past is not now. Immigration sent out a directive early last year stating reports can only be done at the office where you applied for your extension unless you formally change your address.

In the past when I have been away on holiday to Pattaya, from Isan where I live, I have been able to do mine at Jomtien Imm' office by showing them the business card of the hotel where I am staying without any problems.

The past is not now. Immigration sent out a directive early last year stating reports can only be done at the office where you applied for your extension unless you formally change your address.

I know this subject has been done to death, but I am still confused! I got my retirement visa in London, last November, so have not extended it; the only business I do in Phuket is 90 day reporting - does that class as an extension and therefore ties me to that office?

I know this subject has been done to death, but I am still confused! I got my retirement visa in London, last November, so have not extended it; the only business I do in Phuket is 90 day reporting - does that class as an extension and therefore ties me to that office?

Since you are registered in Phuket it considered the same as a you doing an extension. To do a report anywhere else you would need to submit a change of address to immigration to where you want to report and more than likely have to submit proof of that address.

Since you are registered in Phuket it considered the same as a you doing an extension. To do a report anywhere else you would need to submit a change of address to immigration to where you want to report and more than likely have to submit proof of that address.

Thank you so much for your replies. I wonder then if I could do a change of address at Koh Samui immigration, before I go over to Koh Phangan, and that would re-set my 90 days?

I have another idea, couldn't I just be late with my reporting - by a little over a month? What might/would happen?

The normal fine of 2000 baht for late reporting up to a max fine of 5000 baht.