Pocket money for trip to Italy

BEngBKK

Hi

A company want to sent me to Italy.smile.png

I wonder how expensive Italy is ????

Do anyone know how much is needed in pocket money/day(Not including hotel) in Italy ... 50 EU, 100 EU ??

What do it cost to eat et restaurant, drive in Taxi etc. in Italy ????

wai.gif

In a word expensive but where about in Italy are you going? Doesn't your company give you money to cover expenses and you give them the receipts and any money left over?

I went to Florence for a couple of weeks on behalf of the company I was working for at the time. For that I needed Euro 1,000 a week just for the hotel and dinner (lunch was provided by the company I was visiting and breakfast was included in the hotel price).

If you are going to Rome I would say you will need Euro 1,500 per week plus what ever you want to do for yourself when you are there. Rome is extremely expensive. A gondola trip if you are going to Venice will cost around Euro 50 for 30 minutes probably more now.

Edited by gandalf12

The customer is on Sicilian where we will stay 1 week

I will honest and tell you I have never been there and know very little about it other tan it is the birth place of the Mafia who are still very much in control there so don't upset anyone. I am also assuming that the money is just what you need to site see when you are there. I always work on the basis of taking more than I think I will need as I can bring back any unspent money.

I would say take Euro 500 it should be more than enough if everything else is paid for by the company. I would also check out Lonely Planet for information. Their URL is www.lonelyplanet.com and try what they call The Thorntree as it is were you can ask questions and read other peoples experiences

Edited by gandalf12

I wonder if anyone advising about kidnapping, mafia, spaghetti, godfather, and mandolino have ever been to Italy.

The cost of accomodation is quite high compared to the cost of life. You can find something in the range of the 50 Euro a night. It will be also important to know in which area/city are you staying...

When it comes to food you are really in a world apart. In my opinion the sweets are the best in the world. Do not forget to try cannoli siciliani (pastry stuffed with cream), paste di mandorla (a tipical pastry with almond), latte di mandorla or granita alla mandorla (almond drinks).

The cost of restaurant are sensibly lower than in north Italy, but have a look at the menu' first. Pizza can be rally inexpensive, but don't forget to try seafood.

Don't know about taxi, but with 100 Eur a day you should be in the safe area... Good luck and have fan.

Young people in Sicily that have high school education they speak english, while forget about the elders...

PS:Please let me know about your place of stay and relatives phone number so I can advise my "picciotti" to have you kidnapped. It wold be useful to know also which range of amount we can ask for...cheesy.gif