Is Anyone Here A Model?

Jookster

I was. Seriously :-) Back in the day when I worked out and had youthful looks and man breasts.

So if you want to know much about getting ripped off (my biggest scammer ripped me off almost 2m baht), competing against models without work permits and getting dodgy propositions from dodgy men and women, PM me.

yes free drinks on wed at bed. free dinnner and drinks (6 tickets)every night at koi (but menu is limited to "model menu". free drinks at zantika every day. free drinks at slim also.

edit: re your question bout free dinner at bed: no.

Edited by teej

re your question bout free dinner at bed: no.

Wouldnt be so sure about that :o Think its a matter of asking. But Slim and Santika give free drinks every day? I knew about Flix on a Tuesday but didnt know Slim give drinks everyday??

What agencies you with Teej?

Edited by Jookster

my wife's family all think im good looking enough to be a model or movie star--that's what they told her when i first met them. unfortunately, my wife doesn't share the same opinion. "you too old" :o

Edited by milesm

There are literally hundreds of foreign "models", both male and female, on the books of "modelling agencies" here. They are mostly from Eastern Europe or Latin America. They, for the most part, earn a fixed rate of 1000-1500 Baht per day. If there's no work, they don't get paid.

You can make money on it if you have what they want, but having what they want every week is the hard bit.

My son did a commercial for around 80k.

A Thai friend of a friend, Thia/US actually makes 100k on average each month.

But what I am wondering is how do these models feel when they go to these places for their free drinks on model nights, do they realise they are only there for eye candy purposes, to lure in the pervs, dont they feel 'cheap'.... I know I do.

Who the hel_l are Sonia and Cindy. I must of seen them around not knowing who they are?!

100 grand a month is very, very nice indeed. And as for feeling cheap well on the one hand model nights are utterly abhorrent an affair. On the other hand, its free drinks and food! 55555555555

Who the hel_l are Sonia and Cindy. I must of seen them around not knowing who they are?!

100 grand a month is very, very nice indeed. And as for feeling cheap well on the one hand model nights are utterly abhorrent an affair. On the other hand, its free drinks and food! 55555555555

Sonia Couling; ex MTV VJ; model, soap opera star; 1/2 Thai 1/2 English

Cindy Bainbridge; fully white, but born in Thailand; ex Miss Thailand world, soap opera star; model

Both of these ladies would be earning FAR in excess of 100,000b a month on average in a year in their heyday; I expect Sonia was making something more like 200-500k a month in the MTV days.

And although she denies it, it is fairly clear Sonia has a boob job, so I think you might be up for a challenge there Ashacat?! :D Cindy isn't exactly small in that area either.... :o

hel_l, even a well paid male model (and they earn a lot less) can be earning 50-100k a month no problem at all if they are getting decent work at least a couple of jobs every month. One big job can be 500k and that can send the annual earnngs right up.

THere is NO WAY a proper model is going to work for any job for 1000-1500b a day. That is extra/dregs pay. Scale is about per day for men:

4k - 8k fashion show

4k - 10k fashion shoot

8k - 20k dept store/mall shoot catalog

20k min commercial print only

20k min TV only support main

30k min TV main, non major category product e.g. not electronics, liquor, car, FMCG

50k min for TV main major category product

100k min for TV main or print main with exclusivity

For women you can mostly double those numbers; and triple them or more for people like Sonia.

Then once you start doing game shows and TV stuff:

10k per show plus chance to get jackpots

20k or more for MC work

about 4-8k per day for soap operas in non lead recurring role, but can be 15 days a month for 3 months

10k a day for appearing and being interviewed a functions

2k appearance fee for just attending events

I know the non work permit carrying people undercut these rates, which is why it is so hard to make money in this industry currently; 5-6 years ago it was in much better shape. however, there is an increasingly big gap between the Thai/Asian models and the european models. The 1/2 Philipino/Chinese goddesses coming in (and there are a few) with perfect figures and hair and skin command big money and often fly in for a direct booking. A lot of the shampoo ads are like this.

The top rung make big bucks, the middle rung survive, and the lower rungs are struggling. A lot to do with connections, knowing how to cast, and just getting out there are casting; it is a percentage game.

I've worked in this industry in the past right across Asia; the pay scale is not so different regionally, but for me at least, Thailand was always a bit easier since i didn't get hammered with cost of living and had the advantage of actually being from here. Japan is the only one I never did directly, because 1/2s don't work so well there. It is much tougher now with the increase in illegal foreigners working here; more than ever before. It took a major crackdown to kick the illegals out of Hong Kong, at some stage some connected sufficiently annoyed local will do what the local models did in HK and there will be a big clamp down.

But for now....easier to work in an office. But significantly less fun :-)