Copa America Final - Descending into Chaos

SantiSuk

If you thought that some referees in the Premier League are more interested in imposing their own theatre on games than officiating then tune into the Copa America final right now (True TSP HD1).

Brazilian ref has sent off 2, neither of which would have happened through world class refereeing and seems intent on destroying the match. I like Argentina but I would be sending off Mesi for continual lobbying for cards - waving an imiginary card should always be a yellow.

Anything could happen. Not a good advert for South American football!

Half time and it's all been about the bad side of Latin football (temperament) not football. On the point of boiling for all the last 20 minutes and loads of childish bad sportsmanship from players who should know better. Agricultural tackles are order of the day!

Higuain has missed a sitter one on one with the goalie and top tournament scorer Vargas has been anonymous.

I winced more than Sanchez when he went over on his ankle in the 4th minute but he seems to have run it off and is generally thankfully keeping out of the $hit. Highpoint for the otherwise dodgy ref was booking Messi for diving. Wonder if he can resist another dive or imaginary card-wave which should surely see him sent off.

10-10 at half time and likely to reduce*. Talking about the number of playerstongue.png

*Loads of single yellows hanging tastily in the winds and this ref is clearly not like 95% of refs who are slightly more lenient on the second yellow

Edited by SantiSuk

Sanity restored for the second half, but the football relatively muted. And so to penalities. I would back Argentina on this with Messi, Aguero and Higuain all surely nailed on.

On the other hand Sanchez cannot take a penalty and become the third Arsenal player to miss this weekend. But unfortunately that's because he is off in extra time with what looked like a groin strain (bad news) or dead thigh (not so worrying).

Edit:

Curses - curse of the Santisuk. Messi is one of two to miss. Best player on the planet seems unable to guide a good team to a trophy (third year running). Maybe it is this which shades 'best player ever' in Pele's favour.

Edited by SantiSuk