Bangkok's crowded riverfront could see yet another big mall

webfact

Bangkok's crowded riverfront could see yet another big mall
By Sasiwan Mokkhasen, Staff Reporter

Asiatique.jpg
Photo: Asiatique The Riverfront / Facebook

BANGKOK — In case you were concerned about Bangkok’s access to community shopping malls, worry not, for another has been floated for the rapidly transforming riverside.

A government agency left high and dry when the former civilian government’s rice subsidy ended will seek a developer to build a new mall to sprawl along the Chao Phraya River, similar to Asiatique The Riverfront.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/bangkok/2016/06/27/bangkoks-crowded-riverfront-see-yet-another-big-mall/

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-06-28

If the project moves forward, PWO will definitely have revenue to feed ourselves, said its president, police Maj. Gen. Kraiboon Suadsong. As now we can no longer make money from fee to manage the pledging scheme for rice and other agricultural products.

Somehow I don't think the General is begging for a bowl of rice. The only people who are going to make money is the developers and not the poor farmers who will still be looking for their next meal.

Asiateq is not a mall but a big tourist market with restaurants.

Also BKK doesn't have too many malls and i don't think they are big.

This new market will be for all the streetvendors who have to move from the pavements i guess. If it's connected to the riverboats i think it's nice for tourists.

Travelling by boat can really change ones view on BKK, it's much more relaxed then on the roads.