Lawyer for proving legitimate Father

I do not think a lawyer can provide proof of legitimate fatherhood, you can only do this through a DNA test performed by one of 2 Bangkok hospitals that can perform this test.

My daughters mother died and I had to go to family court so I could be essentially declared the guardian of my daughter and make decisions that are in her best interest. I had to do this because her mothers family who come from a very poor area of Thailand wanted to take her to their village. I had a DNA test done in the USA but this was not acceptable in family court, I had to use one of the two Bangkok hospitals.

The DNA test is simple, you and your child go to the hospital, they take a photogrpah of you and your child together and take a swab of your and you child's inner cheek. As I recall it takes about 6 weeks to get a full report, the report will be in English and Thai. the DNA test report is admissible in a Thai court as proof of father hood.

I use this DNA test to get my yearly Non-O visa in Houston every year when i go back to visit my family. I have never applied without this DNA test.

Hello

Thanks for the information, I think I maybe worded my OP incorrectly.

I need to hire a lawyer so I can go to court to prove I am the Legitante father. Simple process so I hear especially when the mother agreed.

Once that is done I can extend my Non O visa in cheng Wattana. Lots of information on here to say this is the process.

I am very interested to hear that it can get you a multiple entry in your home country with the DNA results. I'm from the UK so I will enquired about this also as going for a holiday in August.

How long did it take to get the DNA test results and the cost of you don't mind me asking?

Thanks

Have you done this yourself or have you got a link to the information on this?

Thank you

Here is a link with the information you need. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/381917-how-to-gain-parental-rights-as-a-father/

I would suggest you visit your local amphur and they will advise you based on the child's age.

i read that thread many times and many more like it, sadly going to local Amphur will not work as my child is 3 months old and can not vouch for me been his dad.

My option is the 3rd to petition the court but not read or heard anyone who has done this alone and only just used lawyers.

Many people have said about 10k which I'm happy to spend for a process which might have me going round in circles from many of past experiences here.

So just would like to hear some recommendations for a lawyer thanks

i read that thread many times and many more like it, sadly going to local Amphur will not work as my child is 3 months old and can not vouch for me been his dad.

My option is the 3rd to petition the court but not read or heard anyone who has done this alone and only just used lawyers.

Many people have said about 10k which I'm happy to spend for a process which might have me going round in circles from many of past experiences here.

So just would like to hear some recommendations for a lawyer thanks

The Amphur will still be able to advise you and probably give you the application required for the court.

If the mother is giving her consent then it's an easy process and you don't need to pay out for a lawyer.

Hello

Once again sounds a good idea however is there any proof anyone has done this and they have application forms there? Sounds like I will get the run around and would rather spend 10k for all the hassle that would come with it.

So if anyone has done this process with a lawyer would love some recommendations if the price was reasonable.