1 - 2 Days in Bangkok: What to Do, Where to Stay

larrychiangmai

Going on vacation.

I check out of my Chiang Mai apartment 31 July but do not fly out of Bangkok until 1:30 a.m., 2 August.

If I fly into Bangkok, 31 July, any suggestions on where to stay and things to do (31 Jul, 1 Aug) and preferably a location I can reach by bus or BTS from Don Mueang and Suvarnabhumi Airport..

So one full day basically? I'd personally stay in the Banyan Tree, do an evening cruise, which runs from there and goes past the main sights along the Chao Phraya River. On return have a couple of beers in the Vertigo Bar (atop the hotel) before hitting the town for a few more. Check out on the 1st and mosey on into one of the many hotels/guesthouses near to Swampy (assuming you're flying from there), most of which do shuttle runs to the airport at all hours. Chill out for the afternoon.

post-14998-0-94093700-1467295275_thumb.j

If you just want to relax then there are many hotels to choose from

As to what you should do it depends on if you are interested in history or having a good time.

One suggestion is the river taxi during the day it stops at all the sites soyou can get on and off at your hearts content and get great pictures or see sites.

Night time take your choice NANA or Patpong.

The other choice would be just to look around the city and relax.

Try the Nana Hotel. You can make a reservation without a credit card and no cancellation penalty. Get a Superior room. NIce pool. Great free breakfast with many choices. Lots of entertainment up and down the street. I like the bus stop restaurant just down the street for great cheap hamburgers and pat Thai. Hooters is now connected to the hotel. Nice pool and across the street from the Nana Plaza. One or two stops on the BTS you have Soy Cowboy and great shopping at Terminal 21 and then the next stop is the Emporium and malls across the walk way. It is also next to the large park where you can walk around the lake. Check out the Beer Garden on Soi 7 and the old German Restaurant on Soi 11. Also, try the Moonson restaurant in Nana on Soi 8 I think. Next time stay longer and take a cab or the bus to Pattaya.

I like the Park Plaza hotel not far from the Asok BTS and Terminal 21....nice room, nice views, pool, gym and a buffet breakfast just for fun...? Just enjoy the views at Soi Cowboy or make the journey to Soi 11 or Nana. Lots to do and see and just a short hop to Siam Paragon and all that has to offer.....???

post-53398-0-31259400-1467342608_thumb.j

post-53398-0-25980300-1467342637_thumb.j

post-53398-0-32403500-1467342659_thumb.j

I like the Park Plaza hotel not far from the Asok BTS and Terminal 21....nice room, nice views, pool, gym and a buffet breakfast just for fun...? Just enjoy the views at Soi Cowboy or make the journey to Soi 11 or Nana. Lots to do and see and just a short hop to Siam Paragon and all that has to offer.....???

How does the water stay is the pool ?

So one full day basically? I'd personally stay in the Banyan Tree, do an evening cruise, which runs from there and goes past the main sights along the Chao Phraya River. On return have a couple of beers in the Vertigo Bar (atop the hotel) before hitting the town for a few more. Check out on the 1st and mosey on into one of the many hotels/guesthouses near to Swampy (assuming you're flying from there), most of which do shuttle runs to the airport at all hours. Chill out for the afternoon.

attachicon.gifroof.jpg

The Banyan Tree (Sathorn Road) is not on the river so the cruise does not run from there, and that is not a picture of Vertigo, it is Sky Bar at Lebua State Tower, which is closer to the river but again not on it.