U.K. Visa net profits

Self employed-

Is the financial requirement £18,600 based on the figure Net profit ? (After allowable expenses)

Or after Annual investment allowance (AIA) also

=Net profit for tax purposes?

On my tax return figures I have 2 figures that reduce the tax I will pay, total allowable expenses and annual investment allowance which dramatically lowers the Net profit for tax purposes.

Edited by Warunee79

In your other topic I advised you to read the financial requirement appendix; from what you say part 9. Self-employment or Director of a specified limited company in the UK is relevant to you.

See also the relevant to you parts of Appendix FM-SE

There are various types of self employment, and how the income is calculated and the evidence required varies according to type. For example:

9.5.3. Appendix FM-SE specifies further requirements for self-employment income:
19. When calculating income from self-employment under paragraphs 12A and 13(e)… this paragraph applies:

( b ) Where the self-employed person is a sole trader or is in a partnership or franchise agreement, the income will be:
(i) the gross taxable profits from their share of the business; and
(ii) allowances or deductable expenses which are not taxed will not be counted towards income.

I strongly advise you to read both appendices carefully; paying particular attention to the parts specifying the evidence your are required to submit; which is more complicated for the self employed than it is for the employed.

Miss out a piece of required evidence and the application will almost certainly be refused.