Russian Tourist Badly Injured After Bag Snatch Turns Violent.

britmaveric

Russian Tourist badly injured after bag snatch turns violent.

14_11_2_5.jpg

A case of serious assault and theft now from the Pratamnuk Road in South Pattaya which left a Female Russian Tourist badly injured. The incident occurred in the early hours of Tuesday Morning when Miss Natalia Ivanova aged 25 and her friend Miss Svetlana Kolestnic aged 23 were walking back to the their hotel located next to Pattaya Park when two men on a motorbike approached the pair and the passenger attempted to grab Miss Ivanova’s shoulder bag. She decided to resist the actions of the two men which proved a costly mistake as the passenger then produced a knife and repeatedly stabbed Miss Ivanova in her right side.

The two men then attempted to escape with the shoulder bag but one of them, Khun Raiwit aged 32 who claims to only be the driver was caught after on-lookers alerted Police who could detain him further down the road. The other man, Khun Somrak aged 28 managed to escape but Pattaya’s Tourist Police managed to capture him on Tuesday afternoon.Miss Ivanova was rushed to the Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital where she remains in a serious but stable condition.

A press conference was held at Pattaya Police Station on Tuesday Afternoon, where the two suspects were presented to the media and Police Colonel Sutin and the Tourist Police were thanked for their quick work in catching both men. Police Colonel Sutin believes the two men have committed many similar bag snatches around Pattaya and is appealing fore anyone who recognizes the two men to come forward.

-Pattaya City News

Tuesday 14th November 2006

K. Raiwet was only the driver? :o that makes it OK then.

Seriously, I would never resist if someone wanted my bag. I normally take out only what I can afford to lose or what I need for that excursion. Not worth losing your life for the sake of an ATM card or however many baht. Hope the woman recovers fully.

I often hear that these scum bags get caught but there's never any follow up.

Are the courts closed to reporters?

What sort sentence are Khun tweedle dum and tweedle dee looking at ?

I agree with you Kurgen, we always here they get caught but does anyone hear about the Fines or Jail terms handed out..

This must warrent an Attempted Murder charge and the Driver or Rider is an accessory to same crime..

Dont the courts realize this is effecting tourism ??? Perhaps they just dont care !!!! :o

but does anyone hear about the Fines or Jail terms handed out..

no they dont , and for that we need to blame the woefully pathetic press in this country.

the police will inform the press , i believe , when arrests are made or crimes are committed and that makes it easy for the reporters to get a story , in fact they dont even have to "get" the story , its handed to them on a plate. an easy gig.

any journalist worth their salt would nurture and build up a network of well placed contacts , in the police , in the local community and in the court system so that when these cases come up in court , the contacts will let the press know and the case can then be followed up. some background info. on the thugs and criminals would be interesting too.

naturally , this would involve the hacks in some legwork and some sweeteners and if these hacks are falangs then the social and language skills necessary to mix with the police and court officials would be necessary. not such an easy gig.

i know that the courts here are not generally open to the public , but the sentences handed out must be publicised somewhere , if only on a notice in the courthouse.

so , all you pattaya journos reading this , is it that you cant be bothered to find out , or is it that you really do try to find out but it is impossible to find.

i think we should be told , because many of your readership would like some follow up to cases reported. this topic has come up many times before , how about a definitive answer.

Taxexile

I totally agree with you on the woeful state of journalism in LOS and you're spot on with the reasons. i.e. the journalists settle for an easy life.

I would add one thing: Once a journo starts to try and dig things up for themselves, they are usurping the long-standing current authorities. Then they themselves move from being an assembler of newspaper articles to a "player" within the continual power struggles. The result being someone might want to shoot them. The hacks here are not noted for putting principles over personal safety. So perhaps they already do have these contacts that you mention.but do not put anything into print but the official line.

I would add one thing: Once a journo starts to try and dig things up for themselves, they are usurping the long-standing current authorities. Then they themselves move from being an assembler of newspaper articles to a "player" within the continual power struggles. The result being someone might want to shoot them. The hacks here are not noted for putting principles over personal safety. So perhaps they already do have these contacts that you mention.but do not put anything into print but the official line.

agreed , but we are not asking for watergate style exposes of corrupt officials .... although that would be nice.

i understand that once a journalist started along that path his days would be numbered.

but for follow ups of the run of the mill everyday beatings , stabbings , rapes , gropings , drug heists , passport and visa infringements , drunken brawls , muggings , robberies and burglaries that make pattaya such an attraction to foriegners ( :o ) i dont think the journos would be risking too much in publishing the sentences handed down by the courts.

might even increase their readership.

Edited by taxexile

agreed , but we are not asking for watergate style exposes of corrupt officials .... although that would be nice.

i understand that once a journalist started along that path his days would be numbered.

but for follow ups of the run of the mill everyday beatings , stabbings , rapes , gropings , drug heists , passport and visa infringements , drunken brawls , muggings , robberies and burglaries that make pattaya such an attraction to foriegners ( :o ) i dont think the journos would be risking too much in publishing the sentences handed down by the courts.

might even increase their readership.

Asuming these creeps get to Court!! Then there must be a Court Posting somewhere that Journo's can copy and report.. I have a friend at a local Pattaya newspaper I'll contact him see what I can gleen out of him..

Seriously, I would never resist if someone wanted my bag. I normally take out only what I can afford to lose or what I need for that excursion. Not worth losing your life for the sake of an ATM card or however many baht. Hope the woman recovers fully.

i agree but its easy to decide on what you would do on this forum, the woman was running on adreneline and instincts and yes, against her better judgement she made a decision to hang on, to her cost. I hope this pond life get their just desserts, SCUM.

i agree but its easy to decide on what you would do on this forum, the woman was running on adreneline and instincts and yes, against her better judgement she made a decision to hang on, to her cost. I hope this pond life get their just desserts, SCUM.

You and me both..I hope the Young Lady is recovering Ok and wont be too traumatised..

I ask a Journo friend what should we expect of the affaif this was his responce..

One wonder's what will happen, although I suspect they will end up in court on serious charges and face a few years in prison learning how best to snatch a bag from a foreigner in the future.

regards

I guess that will be the case, prison just breeds smarter prison rats I guess..

The ever increasing crime rate bores me more and more. Where is the Police, where are any countermeasures?

Pratumnak turns to be a really wild place recently. I heard that two farang houses got robbed and people inside threatened during the last two days. Definately a place out of question to stay unless you reside in the Royal Cliif or Sheraton.

It is frustrating to see that the quality of living on Pattaya goes way south now.

• 2 weeks later...
Russian Tourist badly injured after bag snatch turns violent.

14_11_2_5.jpg

A case of serious assault and theft now from the Pratamnuk Road in South Pattaya which left a Female Russian Tourist badly injured. The incident occurred in the early hours of Tuesday Morning when Miss Natalia Ivanova aged 25 and her friend Miss Svetlana Kolestnic aged 23 were walking back to the their hotel located next to Pattaya Park when two men on a motorbike approached the pair and the passenger attempted to grab Miss Ivanova’s shoulder bag. She decided to resist the actions of the two men which proved a costly mistake as the passenger then produced a knife and repeatedly stabbed Miss Ivanova in her right side.

The two men then attempted to escape with the shoulder bag but one of them, Khun Raiwit aged 32 who claims to only be the driver was caught after on-lookers alerted Police who could detain him further down the road. The other man, Khun Somrak aged 28 managed to escape but Pattaya’s Tourist Police managed to capture him on Tuesday afternoon.Miss Ivanova was rushed to the Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital where she remains in a serious but stable condition.

A press conference was held at Pattaya Police Station on Tuesday Afternoon, where the two suspects were presented to the media and Police Colonel Sutin and the Tourist Police were thanked for their quick work in catching both men. Police Colonel Sutin believes the two men have committed many similar bag snatches around Pattaya and is appealing fore anyone who recognizes the two men to come forward.

-Pattaya City News

Tuesday 14th November 2006

Since everyone ask if these low lifes ever get caught..

Pattaya Mail reported this week they have been caught..

Lets see what happens to them..