Access Denied To News Websites

happydays

Just noticed that attempts to access any news websites (eg BBC, CNN) are met with the message "Access Denied (policy_denied)" followed by something in Thai & then "For assistance, contact TOT Public Company Limited"

Government censorship?

"Northern" Thailand has been experiencing some outages recently with TOT (ADSL connection in my case - Chiang Mai) - the longest being about 12 hours. Thought things were getting back to normal until this evening. At 18:00 today 16th November, TOT servers started blocking websites as per the post above. But when the sites include Thai Airways / AirAsia / Jetstar - just to name a few - you know they have lost the plot. A call to the ADSL helpdesk at 20:30 confirmed that "there is a server problem" and matters will be adjusted as soon as possible. Maybe that means that their initial attempts at implementing the new "censorship" crackdown might have got a bit out of hand. Yet to be seen how this will pan out. Yahoo.com isnt blocked - but Yahoo Groups is. All sorts of "blog" sites are blocked - Yahoo / MSN / Google / Geocities. Is it possible this is the first attempt at large scale internet censorship - with some initial hiccups ? Watch this space I guess.

Tung_Thaid - Chiang Mai

Edited by Tung_Thaid

Same crap here in Pattaya...

TOT ADSL (i'm using goldcyber, 1Mbit) has blocked access to the Microsoft Developer Network (http://msdn.microsoft.com) and many other 'innocent' websites.

I'm sure and aware that this is 'just' a wrong rule in their filters. But it really seems that TOT employs just - sorry for that - idiots. It's now 3 Months i opened the line and my PPTP connections do still not work (Yes, they even work with a mobile-connection, so i'm sure it's a faulty config at TOT). I'm also having a lot of lost data packets if i monitor my connections with a sniffer.

Since i have opened a TOT line, just only bad things (phone, internet) happened and the support staff really have no idea what you're talking about if some use a few technical words.

I'm pissed and going to request a TT&T line... :o

Now i'm feeling better,thanks for letting me exhausting this...

:D

Edited by RBO

I'm using TOT DSL and www.yahoo.com is not blocked but access to my yahoo email is blocked in Chiang Mai.

These bunch of idiots blocks my financial site (boursorama ) and 2 hours ago they blocked the whole yahoo (email;financial;weather....) too

TIT at his best (ouups, :o its worst)

XXX sites still working very well thank you :D

Same here - TOT broadband - cant access news sites or even Lonely Planet travel site. Seems the junta is sensitive about complaints regarding overpriced noodles on Khao San Rd.

The solution is to download 'Tor' and use that - can still visit any site you want even the rude ones regardless of TOT servers / filters etc

This evening all sites with "tor", "bit", prox* and "spy" can't be accessed. Some sites can, but parts can't be accessed.

Even my "t**p***" or circ*********** don't work. Your must be carefull :o

T*T 1*2*/5*2

P*t*h*1

Edited by Petch01

thaivisa is the only site I have access to this morning. Every other site I have tried is blocked.

<deleted>?

Me too...

But it seems to slowly getting better, google now show me some results...

Ba jing jing....

:o