Buying a colour laser printer

DUS

Hi,

I moved to BKK a few months ago and I will now need to buy a multi function printer again. Back in Europe, I used a Dell C1765 nfW, absolutely loved it and would like to buy it here in BKK if possible,

But before I go and buy it or another printer, I wanted to ask the local experts here on this forum for some general info and advice:

1/ What should be my first port of call here in BKK for buying a DELL or a printer in general? Is MBK the place to go or are the better ones you´d recommend?

2/ Are there any price comparison websites in TH that I could use to find the best available price for the DELL (or any other) printer?

Thank you very much for your help with these questions.

Cheers

DUS

Edited by DUS

As a graphic designer I much prefer the colour you get from an Epson Printer, they have some good models, scanner, copier, printer all in one. They even have a wifi model that allows you to print via wifi no usb cabling required. Not sure about price comparison websites, they do sell them in Macro, Big C and the Powerbuy stores that are usually found in shopping centres. Between about 4,000 and 8,000 Baht depending on the model you choose.

They cost a little more than the printers used to cost because they have changed from cheap printers and expensive ink cartridges, to more expensive printers and cheaper ink. They now have ink tanks which you now buy small ink bottles for and fill up the tanks yourself in the printer, the ink is much cheaper now and lasts much, much longer. I think Cannon has gone down the same path using ink tanks for their printers.

Dell outsources a lot of their products so the Dell laser printer you buy now may not be the same manufacturer as what you had in EU , although i think they test their products well and stand behind them.