6 Hour Layover At Suvarnbhumi

Thighlander

I'll be arriving at about midnight on a Saturday night, and will be on the first flight to CNX the next morning. Usualy, I'm wide awake, when I hit the ground in BKK, so a GH does not make sense for me. The observation deck with a couple of cigars from Duty Free sounds like the place for me. Will there be take away beers available from inside the airport? Are the bars open all night, or do they close at one?

I'll be arriving at about midnight on a Saturday night, and will be on the first flight to CNX the next morning. Usualy, I'm wide awake, when I hit the ground in BKK, so a GH does not make sense for me. The observation deck with a couple of cigars from Duty Free sounds like the place for me. Will there be take away beers available from inside the airport? Are the bars open all night, or do they close at one?

The Observation Deck on landside level 6 in Departures is a bit boring no outside area, limited views. Nice restaurant just below but most of airport closes down 2 to 5 am for traffic but must be some places open on level 3 Food Court area. Cannot confirm this as never been there at that time. Airside Bars and seating are few and far between.

I believe the restaurant on Level 5 mentioned is open 24 hours, but only for drinks late at night. That's the situation on the one time I visited there, but may have changed since. Several places on Level 3 are open 24 hours, including the Starbucks, Black Canyon, Chinese place and a few others, though don't know if any of them serve beer. There is a place in the Magic Food Court on Level 1 that sells Thai beer, and they are open 24 hours, though don't know if there's any restrictions on buying beer late at night or not. I don't believe there's any restaurants where you can smoke, though not certain about the Level 5 restaurant. You'll likely need to go outside the terminal to smoke, with plenty of seating there.

I should add that Boxer and my post refer to landside, after you exit through immigration/baggage claim/customs. If you're flying on TG and are checked through to CNX, then you will probably want to exit customs there and not in BKK. In that case, I'm not sure what your options are airside. There are smoking rooms there, but not sure of what the availability is of beer late night. The observation deck is landside, and I didn't see any airside.

Edited by Soju