Aggressive sunglass sellers on Pattaya beach

jeca22

There are few places in Pattaya catering to tourists that are void of vendors coming up to tourists and trying to sell their wares. Good for them although I don't like being poked or tapped on the arm or shoulder from behind. I am always startled but simply ignore the seller or say no thanks. Nonetheless, it comes with the territory.

The newish trend is the male sunglass sellers on the beach road path who attempt to touch the rim of the sun glasses already on your face. Essentially, it's the equivalent of someone's arm and hand coming at your head even before they've started their pitch. I am already an expert at minimizing my contact with any Thai males although I have never ever seen this amount of aggressive and intrusive selling in all my years here.

Thanks for letting me let some steam out.

post-259358-0-12553300-1468056409_thumb.

What I don't like is being poked or tapped on the arm or shoulder by the frickin ladyboys when walking through Walking St. Would rather be tapped on the shoulder by sunglass sellers then them. But never been hassled by sunglass sellers at all.

Happened to me quite a few times in March, Lao or Cambodians I think, try to touch my Oakleys' without warning, saying "copy,copy , copy". Leery bully types, one followed me and my Mrs into a bar , tried to get me to show him..ie give him into his hands my sunglasses. I was fuming but just politely said no a few times and he gave up and went away.

Quite a big crew of them working, I strongly suggest you do not get angry with them try to keep cool . Unpleasant and intrusive situation, more so than the easily put off Thais

selling watches or whatever , with whom a simple " Mai ow krap" works fine.

Disrespectful jerks. Screw them. I even had one vendor wake me up. I wanted to kill!

Screw them screw them screw them!

If they reach out and touch you, break their arm. Maybe they will learn something.

Anybody that buys their crap should get body slammed for encouraging these low life's.

Screw them too.

Edited by Buzzz

I think Buzzz is an example of the type of farang low life that, sadly, Pattaya attracts. Lots of good people here but plenty of low life as well. Buzzz if you can't handle the vendors in a peaceful manner then buzz off to somewhere where you can!

I really like the sunglasses sellers..

They are nice guys and provide a needed service...

Never had a problem with them..

They have always been helpful with a great attitude..

i have been very happy with my purchases...

I think Buzzz is an example of the type of farang low life that, sadly, Pattaya attracts. Lots of good people here but plenty of low life as well. Buzzz if you can't handle the vendors in a peaceful manner then buzz off to somewhere where you can!

I haven't harmed any of the super disrespectful vendors even though they consider the farang lower than buffalo dung.

Some of them won't take no for an answer, pester or physically grab you, interrupt you, or wake you up!

Nice people don't do what they do. Screw them.

Edited by Buzzz

Disrespectful jerks. Screw them. I even had one vendor wake me up. I wanted to kill!

If they reach out and touch you, break their arm. Maybe they will learn something.

Anybody that buys their crap should get body slammed for encouraging these low life's.

Screw them too.

..those tiny hinge screws are difficult to replace.

Maybe you need a new pair of sunglasses every 3 minutes. Or a nice leather belt or a wooden frog to add to your collection.

I don't need thatshit. Especially from an aggressive disrespectful annoying pest while I am trying to read a book or take a nap.

Not only on the beach, have two (working in conjunction) sellers of sunglasses in Rhompo Market, who are particularly forceful, would never buy anything from them.

Yeah, those guys are a pain. They seem to think that insulting your existing sunglasses, and preferably even handling and trying to break them, is a great sales pitch.

Would they do that with a Thai male?

No they wouldn't because they could end up with a broken nose.

It's the usual disrespect to foreigners not considered being fully-fledged humans.

It starts with the "farang" shouting from behind by the brats and finds another form in this behavior.

You must be joking......right ?

I have been buying from these guys for years...A hard working and helpful bunch of

guys if you ask me...

Agreed I've literally had 100's over the years with price still only 100 Baht a pop

I guess you don't know that the UV will not be blocked by these pieces of crap causing your eyes irreparable damage?

In what way are they helpful when upsetting folks with their grabbing at peoples sunglasses? Maybe they take lessons from the Jet-Ski lads in customer relations.

I have been buying from these guys for years...A hard working and helpful bunch of

guys if you ask me...

Agreed I've literally had 100's over the years with price still only 100 Baht a pop

I guess you don't know that the UV will not be blocked by these pieces of crap causing your eyes irreparable damage?

In what way are they helpful when upsetting folks with their grabbing at peoples sunglasses? Maybe they take lessons from the Jet-Ski lads in customer relations.

For same price in uk from all markets you can pick up sunglasses for £2. All have UV protection as always. If you're talking crap I had a pair of supposedly oakleys from Etihad which were £160 in shops and were scratched within days and 6 months later unusable.

guys if you ask me...

Hell I have been using these sunglasses for 10 years every day

and I am not blind yet.....

They work great for me....

How's the quality of their rose tinted glasses nowadays :lol: ?

Well you've all convinced me I must admit. I will try to hang out with these great sunglasses sellers , enjoy their wonderful ways and never wear any other sunglasses than the ones they offer at such high quality and low prices ever again.

Now where are the bars with balloons outside advertising a birthday party or anniversary?

Well you've all convinced me I must admit. I will try to hang out with these great sunglasses sellers , enjoy their wonderful ways and never wear any other sunglasses than the ones they offer at such high quality and low prices ever again.

Now where are the bars with balloons outside advertising a birthday party or anniversary?

New Plaza off second rd.........................come and join with us in the fun,its free thumbsup.gif

..those tiny hinge screws are difficult to replace.

A good screw is well worth keeping.......that,s what my old dad told me,and who am I to argue whistling.gif

They always tell me that my sunglasses are a bad copy and that he have some original ones for only 500 baht. I smile and say: " Yeah I know they are copy. That's why i bought them. 39 baht at tukcom is a very good price" If they don't take the hint after I have said that, I just ignore them.

guys if you ask me...

I've always wondered who are the people who buy this garbage, all I see is aggressive, rude sellers, but no buyers