"Grandfather" abducts and rapes 11 year old girl on trip to Chiang Mai

webfact

This is the exact source of most of the prostitution in Thailand,sadly probably where this little girl will end up sooner or later!

Just to clarify you are suggesting that Thai women involved in p4p have all been sexually assaulted by a family member? Seems a bit daft tbh so nothing to do with little/no education and job prospects despite a family to support?

-----

The article says he was warned to stay away from her. That suggests either the family was aware of any sexual intentions on his part towards her and/or he had committed a similar offence before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not kidnapping charges? I also blame fully the parents/family for not properly dealing with the GF and protecting the child. You just don't tell a kid or a mentally sick person to stay away when a family member who has power/influence over a child and that is that. My guess he has shown weird behavior probably on numerous times and that is how the parents deal with it? Stay away from so and so. What about other children who he came into contact? Turn a blind eye...

It's on them and is that the girl in the picture? So they bring the child in the presence of the suspect so she is again living the trauma and stress of her experiences.

So unprofessional by the police and stupidity by the family if in fact that is the child in the photo....

The child's future is not so bright under present circumstances - protective services should have been/should be called in ..I really question the character/common sense/intelligence of the family....

I wonder how long and when the abuse started? And other victims?

CB

yes Father sorry Cardinal...oh the irony....

I take it that phantom is not talking about criminal behavior but the environment and atmosphere of Thai culture that allows crime/incidents/bad behavior to blossom and fester...

Lack of safeguards enforcement punishment anticipation of bad behavior, lack of prevention and awareness, corrective action lack of problem -solving, etc...

Same things happen over and over again w/o intervention...

Read 'An Evil Love ' Fred and Rosemary West story...it was all in the family there as well...it's not a Thai phenomenom...that happened back 'ome..as I imagine you would say.and is still happening.

It's quite possibly cultural. You could argue that, it's a better argument than dismissing it out of hand. For example, let's argue it this way....language is definitely part of a society's culture and the written Thai languages are quite unique because they are all but completely a phonetic transcription of the spoken languages (with only a very few exceptions). Chinese, Korean, Japanese languages, and English, have a written language that is geared toward reading and writing, example, using English, we don't write the precise vowel sound... but they do in Thai... and painstakingly so.... we merely give a hint at what it might be and we use the schwa sound in the unstressed syllables to make it easier to recognize the morpheme, even though it serves no purpose for speaking and listening. And if you live in a culture that doesn't enjoy reading books, which is just as strangely unique (ahem) even if you limit your comparision just to East Asia in general, it's not hard to draw connecting dots between all sorts of generalized behavior patterns and a lack of literacy.... which anywhere else is most folks #1 or #2 favorite pastime.... but not in Thailand. No, I think the comment by the earlier gentleman that this could be cultural is supportable. And just what are Thai culture's favorite pastimes? can ya think of any? does it include reading?

So in a nutshell....they that cannot read..rape their grandaughters

I, respectfully, have to disagree with this hypothesis

Culture in general and this includes arts-crafts-kitsch-literature-music, national characteristic mentality, nationally accepted behaviour, nationally accepted values, traditions, general understanding of the world and geopolitical and geographic views, idea and technology transfer and migration, all are part of any national understanding and standards of average educated individual claiming to be.

What you hear in all cases of committed crime is that self-interest/benefit is an excuse in their understanding as leniency. Suffering and pity of another person is like an alien concept. Those criminals shows antisocial - psychopathic behaviour, however, they understand that their own gratification/fulfillment of needs are an excuse and an explanation. This type of behaviour is not exactly this same anywhere else, so it must be part of Thai culture. Blaming on victims for whatever the reason might be and explanation with emphasis on themselves as a point of reference. Total lack of sympathy.

Am I wrong?

Yes totally.

This behavior happens but is most definitely not part of Thai culture...as I know and have experienced it.

I know many Thai men who would willingly cut the nuts off this bastard given the chance.

Get out of your sociology lecture and get into the real world. There are decent people everywhere...trying to generalize is the domain of academia and where it should remain.

Go to the Muslim world and lecture there. Good luck.

Edited by Mudcrab

they loved each other but that her parents had stood in their way

Dang parents...not agreeing to allow grand-paw to bonk their 11 year old daughter...

I still maintain that the entire Thai population should be required to take a psychological evaluation...

They then could divide the country in half...send all those that fail south to live among the psychos of the caliphate...

I agree,,,as long as all farangs are included too....could only make Thailand a better place for all.

Why to they cover his THAI guy's face?

If it was a foreigner he would be paraded on all the news channels......without the girl present (Thank God)

and in the mean time a crooked lady can phone herself a mentally unstable patient (card) while in this guys story not a word about he is just plain crazy and needs to be locked up for life in a Psycho institution.....not a word.

Over 8 years ago, when I heard about something like this, I was shocked. But my Thai wife calmly told me it was no big deal. She said that most village girls lose their virginity around age 12, and younger, and the man involved is usually their own father or an uncle. Said it was common practice, and no one thought anything of it.

It is only with the advent of smart phones and social media that this is now coming to light, and it's about time.

It's quite possibly cultural. You could argue that, it's a better argument than dismissing it out of hand. For example, let's argue it this way....language is definitely part of a society's culture and the written Thai languages are quite unique because they are all but completely a phonetic transcription of the spoken languages (with only a very few exceptions). Chinese, Korean, Japanese languages, and English, have a written language that is geared toward reading and writing, example, using English, we don't write the precise vowel sound... but they do in Thai... and painstakingly so.... we merely give a hint at what it might be and we use the schwa sound in the unstressed syllables to make it easier to recognize the morpheme, even though it serves no purpose for speaking and listening. And if you live in a culture that doesn't enjoy reading books, which is just as strangely unique (ahem) even if you limit your comparision just to East Asia in general, it's not hard to draw connecting dots between all sorts of generalized behavior patterns and a lack of literacy.... which anywhere else is most folks #1 or #2 favorite pastime.... but not in Thailand. No, I think the comment by the earlier gentleman that this could be cultural is supportable. And just what are Thai culture's favorite pastimes? can ya think of any? does it include reading?

Sorry to disappoint but Thais do read, your assumptions are unfounded.What does this have to do with the rape of a 11 year old girl

Cultural my eye, it's rife worldwide, if it's Thai culture then it's culture everywhere. Being cultural assumes it's acceptable in society, well it's not.

Culture in general and this includes arts-crafts-kitsch-literature-music, national characteristic mentality, nationally accepted behaviour, nationally accepted values, traditions, general understanding of the world and geopolitical and geographic views, idea and technology transfer and migration, all are part of any national understanding and standards of average educated individual claiming to be.

What you hear in all cases of committed crime is that self-interest/benefit is an excuse in their understanding as leniency. Suffering and pity of another person is like an alien concept. Those criminals shows antisocial - psychopathic behaviour, however, they understand that their own gratification/fulfillment of needs are an excuse and an explanation. This type of behaviour is not exactly this same anywhere else, so it must be part of Thai culture. Blaming on victims for whatever the reason might be and explanation with emphasis on themselves as a point of reference. Total lack of sympathy.

Am I wrong?

"This type of behaviour is not exactly this same anywhere else"

Just everywhere else, it's rife throughout the world.

There are certain aspects of Thai culture that I just cannot get my head around sad.png

Ridiculous! calling this Thai culture, No it isn't!

This sort of thing has been going on in Thai villages for many years.It's just that now the occasional case makes the headlines.

"This sort of thing has been going on in Thai villages for many years"

And villages towns and cities worldwide, in England it's rife right up the establishment all the way to the royals.

Thailand has some cultured things different to us, for example I know of a Thai friend ,who's wife died of cancer, 6 months later he rang my girlfriend at the time , to ask her advise , basically his dead wife's young cousin had asked her mother to arrange for her to marry him she was 11 years old ,he was 45 , this is under the legal age limit , but her mother and family were all for it. We advised him against it ,but it was an ongoing thing for 3 to 4 months , before he decided not to do it. Also in my relationship with a girlfriend , when we stayed at her parent's house her daughter slept will us from the age of 7 up to the age of 12 she insisted and got quite annoyed , if I said no you cannot . This is Thailand , there country there customs, they think differently than us , have there own ideas. But them this is a normal way of life, the girlfriend use to sleep in her grand perents bed , with them till she was 13 ,she was never touched ,in anyway . Cousins marry cousins here, quite common here ,if this little girl tells her family ,she wants to be with her grandfather , the family may even get the case droped, wont be he first time this has happened here ,I hope that will not be the case this time.

Thailand has some cultured things different to us, for example I know of a Thai friend ,who's wife died of cancer, 6 months later he rang my girlfriend at the time , to ask her advise , basically his dead wife's young cousin had asked her mother to arrange for her to marry him she was 11 years old ,he was 45 , this is under the legal age limit , but her mother and family were all for it. We advised him against it ,but it was an ongoing thing for 3 to 4 months , before he decided not to do it. Also in my relationship with a girlfriend , when we stayed at her parent's house her daughter slept will us from the age of 7 up to the age of 12 she insisted and got quite annoyed , if I said no you cannot . This is Thailand , there country there customs, they think differently than us , have there own ideas. But them this is a normal way of life, the girlfriend use to sleep in her grand perents bed , with them till she was 13 ,she was never touched ,in anyway . Cousins marry cousins here, quite common here ,if this little girl tells her family ,she wants to be with her grandfather , the family may even get the case droped, wont be he first time this has happened here ,I hope that will not be the case this time.

Recent estimates put the number of paedophiles in the population at about 20% - that's more kiddy fiddlers than gay folks to put it in context.

How many are kiddy fiddling gays?

Oh here we go. The rednecks and crockers start coming out of the woods, cue some banjo's, and keep a tight hold on your dungarees.

Recent estimates put the number of paedophiles in the population at about 20% - that's more kiddy fiddlers than gay folks to put it in context.

How many are kiddy fiddling gays?

Oh here we go. The rednecks and crockers start coming out of the woods, cue some banjo's, and keep a tight hold on your dungarees.

The Westboro Baptist Church have entered the building?