Am I legally obligated to go to immigration every once in a while?

Hello all.

I had a question I am trying to answer regarding check-ins with immigration. I am on a Multi entry O visa and for the my last few entries I have left the country for a few days, Loas, Cambodia, Vietnam, HK, Singapore etc. I had planned to keep doing this almost indefinitely and had some concerns that Thai immigration would require me to go to CW every so often.

I don't have any objections to CW visits if its a requirement but if it would be great if it can be avoided.

I thought they might want me to fill in "The Form" or something.

Any input would be most helpful.

Thanks,

BM

Thanks buddy. That is really god to hear.

The last few trips to CW have just been awful, with pregnant wife and 2 kids I just seem to run in to nothing but problems, last time it was something to do with my rental contract, the time before that they wanted the original blue book not a copy and before that my son was ill so I just went with my daughter and wife, they said my son had to be there as well for the 60 day extension.

I will take your word for it, hopefully it wont change any time soon.

I am on a Multi entry O visa and for the my last few entries I have left the country for a few days

If you hold a valid Non O multi entry visa there is no need fo stay a few days.

Just turn around after entering the other country (border run).

Depending on your location you can be back same day.

You can do this up including the last day (the "ENTER BEFORE" date on your visa sticker) and get another 90 day stamp.

So you can cover about 15 months with one visa.

Flights to Kuala Lumpur from Don Mueang are a convenient option.

If you book long term in advance it is also an affordable option.

Edited by KhunBENQ

If he doesn't mind visiting CW twice on his final 90-day entry, he can get another 90 days in extensions, making for a total of near enough 18 months on the one visa.

Only one 60 day extension can done for each 90 day entry. There is no 30 day extension possible.

Thanks buddy. That is really god to hear.

The last few trips to CW have just been awful, with pregnant wife and 2 kids I just seem to run in to nothing but problems, last time it was something to do with my rental contract, the time before that they wanted the original blue book not a copy and before that my son was ill so I just went with my daughter and wife, they said my son had to be there as well for the 60 day extension.

I will take your word for it, hopefully it wont change any time soon.

• If you are legally married you don't need to take your children with you to get a 60 day extension. You can apply for the extension to visit your wife. Only your wife would need to be there.
  • If you aren't married, one child is enough. They do not ask how many children you have on the application form.