Swimming Pool In Bkk

there is a pool at the back of benjasiri park (next to phrom pong station)

75 baht to join,15 baht per swim. 25 metre. 10am till the park closes.

need a health cert from a doctor and photocopies of your passport.

run by bangkok city tessabahn or whatever its called.

• 2 weeks later...

Fyi ..............its 40 baht registration per year , 15 baht per swim for 1.5hr . The 1.5hr are 10.00am to 11.30am,11.30am to 1pm there is a intervene in btw 30 min then u can swim again from 1.30 pm . i think there are few intervene there which i find it quite stupid. Oh , another thing, All farang got to put on swimming cap.

when i first joined that pool about 3 years ago i joined along with a pal of mine who was over from the uk for a couple of months, after going through all the performance of the paperwork and getting a swimming hat (even though he had a completely shaven head) they wouldnt let him swim because his swimming trunks were more of the shorts type, kind of baggy leg things and not the tight fitting trunks. he said "no problem,i've got another pair with me" and went back into the changing room and came back out in his m and s underpants.

no objections at all and he got his swim. :o

amazing thailand !!!

3 years ago that pool was hardly used at all and swimming lengths was easy, these days its like the bangkok traffic in there,no lane discipline at all. and its crowded.

u can try the pool just opposite major ekammai 50 meter pool ....... nice pool but they only serve for swimmer , they going to test ur swimming skill before u can apply for member. the test consist of 50 meter free style and stand water for 3 min .