Five Year License (Renewal) Chiang Rai

bobbyd1

It was that time again to renew my Five Year Private Car and Motorcycle License here in the Rai (Not expired, but coming due) It was a breeze and went fairly fast considering our population growth here. I will give ya a brief on my experience. As we all know, it can be different. I used the Pattaya City Expat Club guide as my reference going in. It surely made my experience enjoyable.

1. Photocopy of Passport pages showing identity and visa/visa extension stamps.

2. Original Residence Certificate from Thai Immigration's for Car and I made a copy of the original for the motorcycle, which is acceptable in this case.

3. Photocopy of Original 5-year Thai driving license as a back-up (Have original available as they attached them to processing paperwork.

4. Went to Second floor Station 3 to get started, (Get Blueish customer card) then I was directed to Third Floor room 5 (I think) for vision color testing. Then over to room 3 to watch the training movie.

5. Then back down to Floor 2, station 3 or 4 to pay the fee for License, Car License of 555 Baht and/or Fee for Motorcycle License 305 baht. Turned in Bluish card after paying fee, giving an Orange card for license picture and completion process. As they take the picture, your license is printed out and complete. 100 Baht each charged and then it is out the door until the next five years.

Edited by bobbyd1

• 4 months later...