Police clearance for Non O marriage visa

Greetings

So here's the thing..I applied for a visa based upon marriage..the immigration issued me with a visiting your wife visa first & told me to apply for a police clearance first as its the new requirement to obtain the long term visas like non immigrant o & b..so i went to the pcs at pathunwan to apply..the officer told me that they'd need an official letter from the immigration requesting a clearance on my behalf..I asked the Mrs to call the immigration to inquire & the immigration officer declined to issue that letter because according to him it's "PERSONAL" I called the uan of immigration to inquire about the process & requirement & I was told that in order for me to apply for the police clearance certificate I must have either a work permit or that letter from the immigration..now I'm not working so I don't hold a work permit..

So my question is how can I get a clearance certificate done? Is there an alternate solution?

& also I'm a bit curious if anyone of the TV members have gone through the same problem?

No extension of stay or visa application requires a police clearance certificate.. Which immigration office was asking for it.

You can only apply for a conversion or change of visa status to get a non immigrant visa entry at immigration in Bangkok. You can apply for an extension of stay (it is not a visa) at any immigration office if you have a non-o visa.

No extension of stay or visa application requires a police clearance certificate.. Which immigration office was asking for it.

You can only apply for a conversion or change of visa status to get a non immigrant visa entry at immigration in Bangkok. You can apply for an extension of stay (it is not a visa) at any immigration office if you have a non-o visa.

I applied at the immigration in ubon province..I initially applied for a non o but they told me they can't process the non o until I have the police clearance certificate

I applied at the immigration in ubon province..I initially applied for a non o but they told me they can't process the non o until I have the police clearance certificate

I think there was a misunderstanding. If you do not already have a non-o visa form an embassy or consulate in your passport you cannot apply for an extension of stay at immigration, Only Bangkok immigration can issue a visa.

If you are here in Ubon you should go to the consulate in Savannakhet and obtain a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage.

You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy, signed copies of you wife's house book registry and ID card. The fee will be 2000 baht.

A police certificate is not a requirement.

Maybe you misunderstood.

I wish that it was the case but I was clearly instructed to have it done by the immigration personnel & upon inquiring today again my Mrs was told the same that it is indeed a requirement..now my question is how I might be able to get a police clearance certificate? Because honestly speaking I fail to understand the correct protocol to get this done..the police Centre needs a letter from the immigration & the immigrarion seems reluctant to issue me one..so what can be done?

Maybe you misunderstood.

I wish that it was the case but I was clearly instructed to have it done by the immigration personnel & upon inquiring today again my Mrs was told the same that it is indeed a requirement..now my question is how I might be able to get a police clearance certificate? Because honestly speaking I fail to understand the correct protocol to get this done..the police Centre needs a letter from the immigration & the immigrarion seems reluctant to issue me one..so what can be done?

Looking at your previous posts did you apply for a change of visa status in Bangkok to get a 90 day non immigrant visa entry?

If you did not do that yet I suspect that is the problem you are having. Perhaps for immigration here to do it they have a requirement for the police clearance since it would have to be sent to Korat or Bangkok for approval.

• Like 1

Maybe you misunderstood.

Looking at your previous posts did you apply for a change of visa status in Bangkok to get a 90 day non immigrant visa entry?

If you did not do that yet I suspect that is the problem you are having. Perhaps for immigration here to do it they have a requirement for the police clearance since it would have to be sent to Korat or Bangkok for approval.

Yes exactly I didn't apply in Bangkok..& they mentioned this thing that they have to send it either to korat or bangkok to get it approved & for that reason I need a police clearance certificate..so what should I do now to get that certificate..any suggestions would be helpful.

Maybe you misunderstood.

Yes exactly I didn't apply in Bangkok..& they mentioned this thing that they have to send it either to korat or bangkok to get it approved & for that reason I need a police clearance certificate..so what should I do now to get that certificate..any suggestions would be helpful.

Make a trip to Mukdahan, cross the bridge to Savannakhet and apply for a single entry non-o visa as I wrote in an earlier post.

Get up early tomorrow morning make the trip and apply by 11 am, spend the night in Savannakhet and pick up your passport Friday afternoon.

• Like 1

Make a trip to Mukdahan, cross the bridge to Savannakhet and apply for a single entry non-o visa as I wrote in an earlier post.

Get up early tomorrow morning make the trip and apply by 11 am, spend the night in Savannakhet and pick up your passport Friday afternoon.

Well I still have 2 months left on my current visa..I'd give the police clearance centre another try cause the immigration helpline told me to submit the copy of my old work permit..they accept that as well..Savannakhet is not an option for my nationality..I'd have to travel back to my home country to get it done..but thanks anyways..you've been helpful as always

Edited by ubonjoe
fixed quoting error by removing the excess and uneeded quotes only 4 are allowed

Well I still have 2 months left on my current visa..I'd give the police clearance centre another try cause the immigration helpline told me to submit the copy of my old work permit..they accept that as well..Savannakhet is not an option for my nationality..I'd have to travel back to my home country to get it done..but thanks anyways..you've been helpful as always

Since you cannot apply for a visa outside your home country may explain why you need the police clearance certificate. Their is a chance that if you applied in Bangkok they would ask for it as well.

Ask immigration here in Ubon again about the letter for the police clearance. They may not be aware that it is needed.

Perhaps print this out from the PCS website and show it to them. http://pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/filedownload/infomation-service-4.pdf

"also I'm a bit curious if anyone of the TV members have gone through the same problem?"

I have a non o visa based on marriage, and I never had to get a police clearance certificate.

Immigration offices tend to make things up as they go along.

• Like 1

Maybe you misunderstood.

I don't think the OP misunderstood, I have read a few times of this happening.

Someone else could probably go to the same immigration office the next day and not be asked for one.

Edited by possum1931

Maybe you misunderstood.

Someone else could probably go to the same immigration office the next day and not be asked for one.

I have never heard of it and have never seen one post on here mentioning it.

Maybe you misunderstood.

I have never heard of it and have never seen one post on here mentioning it.

I did not say it was mentioned on here, though I still think this was one of the places.