Toning up, losing weight, keeping fit with minimal facilities (Photos)

simon43

This is the body:

post-174-0-30024300-1468402819_thumb.jpg

Male, 57 years old, normal build, about 176cm height, 70Kg weight, non-smoker, light drinker, no health issues apart from a generic low testosterone level inherited from my father (and grandfather).

I was growing a nice beer gut and man boobs, but I cut out all alcohol last week smile.png

This is the running track:

post-174-0-31890600-1468402832_thumb.jpg

Well, yes it is a tarmac road. But it goes in an oval so I don't need to jog the other way. And it is just 1 minute from my current house.

And this is the exercise equipment:

post-174-0-38903300-1468402842_thumb.jpg

I do not have the option of going to a 'real' gym - the neatest is 60Km away.

I've leases out my resort, got a cushy and fun job teaching the kids in the local school, and now have time on my hands each day to exercise and transform my body back to a rippling mass of muscle and 6-pack.

BTW, the food options are seriously limited in this small town. Some salad, grilled chicken, grilled pork, plenty of seafood.

Seriously, I'm just looking to improve my physique using the exercise equipment and food diet options that are immediately available.

I throw myself at the mercy of the forum and appreciate your advice. (If you suggest that with a body like this, I'm better of killing myself, then that is way down my list of practical options).

Well you have decided to do something about it and i applaud you for that!clap2.gif

I would suggest try to cut all sugar out of your diet and i mean all!Nearly everything you buy will have added sugar and that is the real killer!

Try to find a training partner,it helps a lot when you do not feel like exercising.

Do not listen to any one trying to tell you it will not work,if you stick with it it will work.

I see your gym is free to use,take advantage of that and try to do push ups and pull ups if you can.

Good luck!!

You don't need facilities to keep in good shape.

I think the main thing is what you put in your body.

I'm now just over 50 and I lost 20+ lbs just by changing what I eat. Nothing drastic either. No more sodas, low carbs, less processed food and increase in vegetable and "whole" food. Just changed to eating more healthy. I think cutting out sugar and carbs drastically lowered my hunger (after few weeks) and I just don't eat the same volume as I used to. I started juicing vegis and fruits. This can't be a "diet"; it's more like lifestyle change and choosing more healthy options to put inside one's body.

I also have low testosterone so I take a shot about every 10 days. My exercises are walking as much as possible and doing push-ups and some abdominal exercises (crunches and rolling wheels). Just that alone, I (and others) can see noticeable changes to my body. Being able to see the change (weight loss or increased muscle) is MAJOR motivation to continue.

I now try to drink a lot of water everyday and it feels good.

I don't drink daily; but do "indulge" when I'm in BKK (5 to 10 days every month). Although I primarily stick with whiskey or vodka soda, I do notice that when I'm drinking multiple days in BKK, that my gut feels like it's transforming to that "beer belly" look.

For your height 70kg is not fat at all. try to keep carbs under 20g per day and your body will enter a state of ketosis , pretty fascinating really..google Atkins. It works and its meat based and works with pork chicken and fish...no restriction just eat till full and the little fat you have will be gone in a month.

Exercise? anything really that gets your heart rate up to around 130 beats/min for 30 mins or so

Just keep on jogging and use a few of the machines. The problem is that there is no way to change the weights.. so just change the amount of reps. You can also add bodyweight exercises like pushups pullups and the like.

The main change has to come from your food make sure you don't eat too much rice or sugar (processed foods). The grilled chicken is the best option you have

Doable. You might see you can jog on the grass beside the tarmac.

I'll call what robblok said about bodyweight and raise:

Mark's Daily Apple
Wild Man Training
Lifehacker Table
YouTube bodyweight
YouTube suspension trainer

You can get yourself a TRX suspension trainer or cheap knockoff (or make one yourself for B500). (See youtube for workout routines as challenging as you can take.) You can string this up on a tree branch or use it at home. One of these will allow you to vary the bodyweight easily.

Personally I like exercising at home w/ the air con and the video player. :)

Up your protein and fresh vegetable intake, avoid high GI foods, cut out sugar and alcohol, get a bike and do 50 to 110 km per week.

I lost 12 kilos in 2 months and it is staying off.

At this point I can eat what I want because I have replaced bad habits with good.

And water, plenty of water. 3 liters a day here, minimum, you are doing yourself any favours if your urine looks like thick Earl grey.

Archived