NON-O was rejected at Los Angeles Thai consulate

I'm not sure if I could get a non-o at LA Thai consulate, but I went to the consulate and asked for a non-o visa (I'm 55 with good standing bank accounts). My application was rejected, because I have no property in Thailand/ no Thai wife. And I was told if I want to apply for retirement visa, I need to do it here at LA consulate.

The only option I had was METV.

Anyway I thought I better share this with others. I am not still sure if I could get any non-o base on my age.

I even mentioned my age however my passport shows that. but still there was a "no". and I actually got this "no" at the information desk before I approached to the window.

As a I wrote they will not do the non-o visa for being 50 or over. You can only apply for the NON-OA long stay visa at LA. Requirements are here: http://www.thaiconsulatela.org/service_visa_detail.aspx?link_id=48

Or, since you are already in the US, why not apply for the non imm o-a multi entry visa via the LA Consulate? It is really not particularly difficult and will save you from having to deal with the local immigration office when you return to Thailand for at least a year.

• Like 1

Or, since you are already in the US, why not apply for the non imm o-a multi entry visa via the LA Consulate? It is really not particularly difficult and will save you from having to deal with the local immigration office when you return to Thailand for at least a year.

Agree. The non-imm O-A may require a bit more documentation than the Non-imm O, but then once in Thailand you get a full year's permission to stay and no need to get re-entry permits if you do want to travel outside the country. Then one border hop just before the visa expires and you get another full year's permission to stay (although during the second year you would need a re-entry permit if your wanted to travel out of the country and return).

Done that way you could stay in Thailand for nearly two years before needing to apply for an extension of stay based on retirement. That's nearly two years with no need to keep Baht 800,000 in a Thai bank or trips to the US embassy for income affidavits.

• Like 1